Chapter 14

"Come in," I said pulling the blankets up against my neck to shield my body from the cold air.

I heard the door creak open.

"I understand that your already great at combat and don't want to train but I need you to at least interact with people from time to time," said Zeke closing the door and walking over to the couch.

I hadn't expected Zeke to come today but it made sense he would want to know what happened at the ball.

"Actually that's not why I'm stuck in this room," I said pulling the blanket aside to reveal my bandaged ankle.

"What happened?" he said looking at me confused at how I had attained the injury.

"I was doing something and hurt my ankle," I said rubbing my head.

The truth, in fact, was that I didn't really know how I had hurt it I remembered bits and pieces of last night especially the part that involved me kicking the bathtub out of anger which was probably the culprit.

The reason for my anger still troubled me since I couldn't quite remember last night's events fully and even at this moment I felt like I was dreaming.

Right after I had showered I felt myself grow terribly ill and threw up every I ate at the ball. This was most likely the effects of my excessive drinking.

I snapped my head to the side when I heard Zeke laughing "Who would have imagined that you out of all people would get hurt so easily"

I gave Zeke a glare "You weren't laughing back on paradis."

Immediately he shut up and cleared his throat. "Anyways you know why I'm here"

I nodded my head motioning for him to start the interrogation.

"Did he say anything of importance?"

"Not really he said he only wanted to meet me and that we would discuss things another time." I shook my head in frustration remembering his advances at the ball.

"That might be what this is about then," Zeke said standing up and walking towards me with an envelope in his hand.

When he was close enough to me I heard him kick something across the hardwood floors. Both me and him looked over to see what made the sound and there sat the small silver emblem from the choker Franz had given me.

He picked it up inspecting the emblem and at that moment all the events of last night hit me.

"It didn't mean anything, part of me might have just wanted to see how such a powerful person could be used so easily"

Those words were the ones Yelena said to me last night before leaving my room. At the moment I was to out of it to comprehend what had happened but all I remember was anger.

"This is his family emblem I've seen it before. Taking care of him might be more difficult than we thought since his disappearance would cause a lot of stir." he said handing the emblem back to me.

I was still trying to process what happened last night. I hadn't realized I was ignoring Zeke until he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Y/n, are you alright?" He said.

"Yeah sorry I'm fine"

I pushed back everything aside including my internal panic and replied to Zeke "So we have to set him up in order to have the military take care of it themselves if-"

I dropped the emblem midsentence feeling my head start to spin.

My hands found there way to my temples trying to smooth the pressure that was building up in my head but to no avail.