Chapter 5

I woke up suddenly feeling as if I was drowning, my chest felt as if was about to burst under the pressure. Frantically I began trying to get the tangled blankets off of my body. I turned around trying to escape their tight grasp and with a light thud, I hit the floor.

I brought my hand up to my head and was met with a warm and wet feeling.

"Shit," I said looking down at my hands.

There was blood dripping down my palms, a sign of my nightmares the night before.

Back on Paradis, it wasn't uncommon for the cadets to have nightmares most of us were used to the screams and waking up drenched in sweat but after Erwin died my screams were replaced with nail digging and jaw clenching.

It was a clear representation of how I felt inside I couldn't scream no one could hear me I was only left to hurt by myself.

Quickly, I ran to the bathroom and placed my hands under the cold running water. Soon enough the blood had stopped and I walked back to my bedroom picking up the blankets and making my bed.

It was still early but I could hear the rustling of feet walking down the halls of the early risers. I walked over to my bag and fetched out a pair of brown trousers, a shirt, and a cardigan. It wasn't the ideal outfit for training but it was all I had. I began Putting on my boots when I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me Onyakopon, I just wanted to let you know it's time for breakfast"

"I'll be there in a moment!" I said loud enough for the man to hear.

I pulled out a pair of leather gloves and slid them on to cover the nail marks on my hands. Nobody ever questioned my need to constantly wear gloves due to the fact that they assumed it had something to do with proper etiquette or the germ problem I had inherited from living with Levi so long.

I opened the door and was met with Onyankopon.

"Good Morning miss Y/N"

"Good Morning" I replied giving him a warm smile.

"I wanted to make sure you knew where the dining hall was since yesterday's explanation of the building was very vague." explained Onyankopon.

"If you just stick with me today you should get the hang of it by tomorrow."

I nodded in response thanking him for his kindness.

It hadn't really sunken in yet that this was my new home for who knows how long. I followed Onyankopon to where our food was. I wasn't really hungry so I just grabbed a cup of tea and some bread.

Onyancopon gave me a disapproving, "Miss Y/N you should really eat more you already skipped dinner yesterday and our training is very rigorous and you need to be well-nourished."

I chuckled "Thank you for your concern Onyankopon but I'm not a breakfast person back on paradis I use to go on missions with an empty stomach and performed just fine."

The man nodded still not happy with my decision but letting it slide. We walked over to a table and sat down.

I noticed Ivan sitting in front of me and greeted him. He smiled back and introduced me to the rest of the people at the table some I knew from yesterday's meeting while others were new faces. I noticed Yelena wasn't there and I began to relax I wasn't ready to see her after last night just yet.

I began sipping my tea when I heard Ivan say "Miss Y/N why don't you tell us about your missions back on paradis."

I sat thinking for a moment "What would you like to hear? and please just call me Y/N there is no need for you to call me Miss"