Chapter 2

I watched curiously as Zeke led me into an ally way. He moved over some boxes and behind was a coat and a fedora.

"It's for safety measures I can't risk being tracked down and followed" he explained.

I nodded and proceeded to put my hat back on and followed him.

Zeke led me into a building where he was supposed to attend the meeting.

From the outside, it looked like any other building but was slightly worn down probably to not attract much attention.

We were greeted by a man at the entrance. He gave me a courteous nod before closing the door.

We both took off our hats and Zeke handed the man his cloak.

I followed him through a hallway and then up a flight of stairs

The inside of the building was simple, the walls were adorned with tones of brown, red, and tan. We kept walking and passed what I assumed were rows of offices.

We were greeted by a second man who led me and Zeke into a conference room.

Inside the room, I noticed there were about ten people all dressed in Marleyan military uniforms.

The room was fairly large. On the opposite side of the door were three big windows that had been covered by curtains. The only source of light was a couple of lanterns that were placed around the room.

In the middle was a long table that held many books, maps, and folders filled with papers. There was an empty seat at the head of the table which I assumed was Zeke's.

On one side stood a handsome man, his slightly darker complexion made him stand out from the rest, and he was staring intently analyzing me.

On the other side was a tall blonde woman with an undercut, she held a scrutinizingly evident glare and looked at me distrustingly. She was incredibly attractive but her appearance could have fooled anyone into thinking she was a man.

Everyone saluted Zeke and my eyes were once again brought back to the blonde, her dark eyes met with mine for a brief moment before she sat down.

"I have brought someone important I want you all to meet," said Zeke.

"This is Y/N L/N"

I looked around the room offering everyone a small smile some returned the gesture while others just nodded.

The woman raised an eyebrow at the statement, "What exactly makes her important?" she stated.

I bit my tongue not wanting to score new enemies and instead just let out a small laugh.

I definitely looked out of place and looked as if I was headed to a party rather than attending a meeting.

"Although she may not look it right now Y/N is an elite soldier, her skills are exceptional! She is one of the only two people who are capable of taking me down in my titan form and is also the only one who can help us accomplish some missions in the future"

There were a few whispers from people around the room who had not expected me to be such a tribal asset to the group.

The blonde looked at me unamused as if questing my abilities but never the less seemed satisfied with what Zeke said.

"She was taught by the one and only Levi Ackerman." The volunteers seemed to stir at the mention of his name.

One of the volunteers spoke up "Does that mean that..."

"That I'm from Paradis? Correct. I was a member of the Scout Regiment, Part of the Levi squad to be more specific we were the ones responsible for defeating the warriors." I finally spoke up to confirm the soldier's suspicions.