fundamentals of love

WARNING: THIS BOOK IS A COMPANION OF GIVE HER LOVE. IT CAN EASILY BE READ AS A STAND ALONE BUT I FIND THAT IT IS MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE WHEN YOU'VE READ GIVE HER LOVE FIRST. IT ALSO CONTAINS MANY SPOILERS FOR THE OTHER BOOK. SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION IF YOU CHOOSE TO READ THIS WITHOUT READING THE OTHER.

♡♡ ♡  

I guess when you're young, you just believe there'll be many people with whom you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.
 - Before Sunset  

♡♡ ♡  

Ellie Peirce is a hopeless romantic.

She's watched every single romantic comedy, read all those cheesy novels, spent seventeen years daydreaming of her own great love story. But the only thing is, she's been dumped by her boyfriend of two years and struggling to accept that her nonna isn't here to help her get through it anymore.

It's fine though. Ellie could care less that Morgan moved on in less than a month and is dating Alice Longbottom, who's her complete opposite and that totally hasn't hurt her feelings so bad that she ran away to Madrid for a weekend and cried while kissing some cute Spanish boys.

Well, maybe she's not fine. But it's alright because she's a big girl and she doesn't cry over boys anymore, she's offically taking a break from all of the negative energy that dating brings and focusing on having a good summer.

Then James Potter crashes into her at her favourite cousin, Vonnie's, wedding and suddenly she's thrown into her own early 2000's rom-com but, sadly, James Marsden is nowhere to be found and her best friend suits the role of a protagonist much more than she does.

author's note

hey guys, it seems i never stop working. but don't worry because this story is coming out in the spring, so put it in your reading lists and libraries and i'll see you in a bit.