extra | miss americana and the heartbreak prince, part 1

HOLLY SHERIDAN AND HUDSON PEIRCE

theme song:
all too well ten minute version by taylor swift

theme song:all too well ten minute version by taylor swift

-

Holly Sheridan sits in the front of the class.

She never talks to anyone, she's always busy writing things down while listening more intently than anyone else ever does. She's one of the smartest people in her year, but nobody knows that because she never once tries to show off her intelligence, instead she guards it like a secret she'd die for.

Of course, she's pretty, but in a way that you don't really notice. Her hair's shades of brown and copper, always so long put into a delicately done braid that trails down her back. She always wears jewelry, there's a thin gold bracelet on her wrist, diamonds on her ears, and a locket around her neck. It's all those things accumulating alongside her large eyes that paint her to be perfectly put together in a way it feels like she doesn't even have to try.

But, that's what Holly wants you to think because, in reality, she's spent her entire life perfecting this image of something that seems natural when in reality, all she's ever done is try to fit in.

There are all these factors working against her. Her parents moved over to the U.K last summer right after her fifteenth birthday, so while all these kids have known each other since they were young, they've only known her for a singular year. Everyone's closed off and guarded, the clique's run wild in the halls and she's a foreigner in this strange school that's just fought through the biggest war the wizarding world has seen in decades.

She gets why their so hesitant to become friends with her, but she just feels so lonely all the time and . . . she wants to go home even though her childhood home has been taken over by some new family, so she couldn't ever truly go back.

Yet, Holly can't help but miss her grandpa who always took her golfing and listened to her opinions as if they mattered rather than diminish them just because she was young. She misses her best friend Sunita, who always talks about horoscopes and Matthew Perry. (The only thing getting her through the days is that her parents promised she could visit Sunita over Christmas break.)

Then, she glances back as a loud voice answers a question in his lazy drawl.

Hudson Peirce sits there in the back, with his messy blonde hair and electric blue eyes. He's tall with golden skin and this permanent smile. Every girl in their year is in love with him and . . . Holly tries to pretend she doesn't think he's that great, but, when he meets her eyes, she understands. He's the only person that never looks away.

Hudson Peirce sits in the back of the class surrounded by all his friends.

All he does is talk, it's a bit strange when you consider his parents are introverted and enjoy keeping to themselves, nobodies really figured out where he gets his talking from. He's surrounded by all his friends, most of them are from the quidditch team and are Gryffindors. Nobody thinks he's really paying attention, but he is. Hudson might seem like some dumb blonde, but he's actually really smart, he just never mentions it and no one ever thinks that he might be more than who he appears to be. Maybe that's bad for him and he'll have a mental breakdown down the road over the topic of identity, but he'll save that for future therapy, and enjoy what's supposed to be his golden years.