part 2 - experiment

" i need me my coffee."

                                                                   *************

                                                    E-rantal/ accelerator pov

having finally had my coffee, i head over to this place adventurer's guild. based on that woman's info, adventurer's apparently take monster slaying requests from people and get paid accordingly.

 still, why call themselves adventurers? aren't adventurers suppose to explore and discover stuff? all they are doing is mercenary work. well, not like i care, in fact this works best for me. my power is best used for killing after all!

after arriving at the doorway of the guild, it looks exactly like I imagined it would. that is to say, rundown and giving off that fairytale vibe. as much i would prefer heading over to a library and figuring out as much as i could about this world, its best to first get the problem of money out of the way.

*sigh*

lets get this over with...

                                                          3rd pov

as accelerator walked in, all eyes in the guild turned on him. this gesture annoyed the esper quite a bit, but he just ignored them and  quietly made his way to the receptionist. upon arriving at the desk, he noticed the receptionist looking at him weirdly, probably observing the weird clothes he was wearing.

though his black shirt with white stripes and jeans would be nothing abnormal in the japan, it was a different story for this medieval like place. all of these facts only served to once again, confirm the Esper's theory of having been transported to another world. 

"was the cause of this that hero's power? transporting a person to a different world, how unscientific is that?! then does that mean this works in the theory of parallel universes? but what sort of value would he add to his personal reality to be able to send a person to a parallel universe? and why haven't i heard of that guy before?" accelerator grew a scowl on his face as he piled his head with these questions, eventually making it to the front desk.

"tch, best put these questions on hold for now."  

" yes, how may i help you?" the receptionist said with a rather cheerful voice.

"ya, I'll like to become an adventurer." he said, the scowl on his face having being replaced by his typical bored look.

the receptionist and everyone in the room looked at him like they didnt understand what this guy was saying.

"ehhh, he's so skinny! he wants to become an adventurer? he doesnt even look like he could lift up a sword!" these thoughts made their way to her head as she eyed him up and down.

"tch, the hell you staring at?!" he said while glaring at her, a gesture that caused the receptionist to flinch and back up a little.

"w-well alright, do you already know about the details of being an adventurer or do want me to explain them to you?" she said, with a hint of nervousness in her voice.

"i only know the basics, run them through me again."

"sure."

and so, she explained to him everything about adventurers and what he was signing up for. accelerator didn't really care about most of the things she was saying as he already knew of it, the only thing he paid attention too was the 8 different ranks, with Copper being the lowest and Adamantite being the highest. it seems he would be starting at the lowest level.