part 1 - the contract

"...it seems we will be playing cupid even faster than expected." raymond says as he chukles to himself at his joke...

                                 *********

                          skies of slane theocracy / 3rd pov

having left the recent battlefield, accelerator was laying on his back with his hands behind his head, riding the flying dragon lord who he has come to recognize as his transport.

"you know, master...that elf girl wasn't quite bad, you should have accepted her offer." zohak says to the accelerator laying down on his back.

"tch, shut the fuck up." accelerator says while making a scowl.

"I'm just saying, where else are you gonna find a woman that bold? or is it perhaps that a powerful being such as my master cant be satisfied with one woman?" zohak says with a smirk on his face.

"_"

"I suppose it makes sense, i myself am quite powerful you see..so i understand the struggle you go through everyday to-"

unbeknownst to the still talking dragon lord...accelerator had long since stopped listening, having reflected all sound from entering his ears so he could immerse himself in his thoughts. 

their destination was the slane theocracy, the nation which accelerator had recently made a deal with.

accelerator wasn't stupid...he could guess quite well what those cardinal guys were up to. having grown in the dark side of academy city, it became quite easier to know when a person was lying from their words and expressions alone.

he's had to deal with it so many times in his life from those scientists of academy city that being able to tell, simply ended up becoming a habit.

during his journey to slane theocracy, he was able to pry some useful information from his female escort...such as the slane theocracy's beliefs, military arrangements, and the fact that they were expecting the revival of a certain dragon lord. 

upon seeing the cardinals, all he had to do then was leave them in doubt, wondering if that guy will turn on us. so he did that by slaughtering the dragon lord who has been having them sweating. by doing so, he's just proved that he's an even bigger threat!

he opened his eyes and once again allowed sound to pass through his reflect.

"-and that is why the ladies started calling me, the "Deep" darkness dragon lord!" zohak says as he concludes his life story.

"hey! are you even listening? you've been really quiet even though i just explained to you why my name went from the darkness dragon lord to the deep darkness dragon lord!" zohak says, annoyed at being ignored.

"tch."

 the esper only clicked his tongue as he sat up into a seating position and looked towards the slane theocracy that was now coming into view as they flew closer to it.

......

they eventually arrived at the slane theocracy, where accelerator had to instruct zohak to land a few meters from the border so he could continue on foot. walking around with a dragon lord would be pretty weird and would draw unnecessary attention, which accelerator could do without.

"well then master, call for me whenever!" zohak says before embracing himself in a ball and taking a nap.

accelerator didn't say anything and instead walked the couple meters, entering the slane theocracy.

"*sigh* back to this place again...i should stop by that cafe to grab a few cups of coffee..." 

accelerator made his way towards the cafe.