Boiling Pot

Ava looked down, the cold metal trap still had dew droplets on it from the morning. The raccoon that had been destroying her trashcans and making a mess in her yard had been caught. She bent over and looked at it, she pulled the needle from her pocket, the green liquid bubbled and fizzed. She slowly lowered the needle into the angry animal.

She sat there and watched it, after a few minutes it fell asleep, it woke up in panic a few times but it was unable to escape the cage. And soon... it seemingly disappeared. Ava got closer to the cage, sure enough, there it was the raccoon had been shrunken down to the size of an ant. The serum had worked. Ava now had her hands on a powerful weapon...

Ava picked up her phone and called Rachel. "Rachel, I'm ready, I'll check into the hospital in an hour, then we just need to figure out where they're keeping the tinies and we'll be able to save them all!"

"Alright, I've got both Jake and Claire with me. We'll meet you there, keep in touch via text." Rachel said as she looked down at the two tinies in her hand. "We'll get him back, don't worry." She smiled at them as she packed a bag and got ready to leave.

Meanwhile, John and his new friends Billy and Nicole were talking and fantasizing about how Rachel was going to come in through the door, and save them. Everyone else in the box was shaming them, mocking and making fun of them for thinking that a big would actually come and save them.

Just then Valerie appeared ripping the top of the box open. "I'm hungry," she said looking around the box, she then reached a hand in and picked out some poor souls, she popped them into her mouth and swallowed whole. "Delicious!" She said as she watched all the others in the box shake in fear. She laughed maniacally as she left.

Ava lay in the hospital bed. She had turned herself in and told them she had some common cold symptoms. She was resting in one of the chairs when she saw someone enter the room. It was Valerie... she applied one of the shots to the person in the bed next to her. Ava couldn't do anything but watch as they got injected with the shrinking solution. As soon as Valerie left the room, Ava turned to the man next to her and said, "hey, look at me. Everything's gonna be okay, alright? Just whatever happens, don't panic...". The man nodded. Ava immediately told Rachel what she saw.

That evening, when she returned home, Valerie ripped open the box of tines. "Alright now..." she said looking down into the box, "who wants to have some fun?" She giggled as everyone pointed to John and his new friends...