Its All Gone Wrong

"HEY! CAN YOU GUYS HEAR ME!?" Jake yelled as he scrambled to get a grip and climb to the top of the bowl full of massive cereal loops.

He pulled himself through one as if it were an inner tube at a waterpark, and saw Claire. He yelled to her. "Hey! Over here!" She crawled across the sprawling loops that seemed endless, until she got to Jake.

The two then started looking and screaming trying to find their third friend. "HEY! WERE ARE YOU?!"

"JOHN!!! JOHN!!!"

Rachel thought she heard something, like a small voice in the wind, she started to look around but ultimately saw nothing, so she continued onward.

Suddenly the bowl began to rotate, and gravity felt as if it was changing. The sound of hinges moving could be heard. It was just then that they realized what was happening. Rachel was pouring the bowl of spilled cereal into the trash. The two tiny loop riders screamed as they plummeted into the remains of Rachels previous meals.

The lid shut with a slam.

The two sat up and looked around. "Hey! I thought i lost you guys!" John said as he crawled over a rotten apple core towards them.

Claire and Jake sat up, still in a pile of cereal loops and dust from the impact, they took a look around as their eyes adjusted to the lack of light. It seemed as if they had landed on a styrofoam Chinese food take out box. Only at this size, it was more like a soft foam patio.

"I bet we could climb out of this." Claire said. "Then from the lid we could climb up to the counter again, then if we needed to down the broom again."

"That sounds great Claire," Jake said, "but theres one problem, how do we get the lid open?"

She opened her mouth as if to speak but said nothing. She then had a confused look on her face.

"Honestly we just need to be ready, and wait for her to open it again."

And so they waited. For what felt like a few days. And seemingly nothing happened. It was hard to tell time while inside the dark prison with no windows or cracks to the outside. Until eventually, the lid opened. And they had their chance.

"Quick lets go!" Jake yelled as the three of them climbed out of the trash and made their way to the counter. It looked like Rachel was cooking dinner. She had many  vegtables and knives lined up. She was chopping up the healthy foods and tossing them into a massive pot of boiling water, making some sort of stew.

"Oh boy..." Claire whispered nervously

"We gotta make a run for it alright guys?" Jake said preparing to go. "Alright, ready? Lets go!" He said taking off with a sprint.

The group of tiny people dashed across the cutting board and dove under the blade as a pepper was cut into oblivion and tossed into the stew. They had to cover their heads with their arms in order to not have any flying seeds or juices hit them in the face. But eventually, they made it out.

Rachel finished her stew and had an amazing dinner.  That was free of any tiny people.

"Well... I've had enough action for the day..." John said as he sat down and relaxed behind a half empty glass. Everyone agreed and took a seat.

"We can try something else tomorrow..." Jake said as he collapsed along side the others, drifting off to sleep.