Planning again

Jake woke up with a yawn. He saw Sarah trying to braid together a small rope with a strand of hair, most likely from Rachel. She was having some success too, it looked firm and useful, just like a normal rope would.

Soon everybody had arisen from their slumber. "Hey Good morning," Charlie said as he passed by you.

"Morning!" Claire yelled with a smile.

"Hey Jake! You don't look to great. Whats up man?" John said as he knelt down beside you.

"I want to get Rachel's attention. I think she could help us get back to our normal size." He says

"Well I don't know about that Jake, I don't mind being this small, and I don't really care about being big again." John said with a smile.

"Well what about having a nicer life? She could feed us! Take care of us, and we wouldn't have to sneak around like this!" Jake said passionately.

"You know... you might have a point..." Johns eyes lit up as he thought of the luxurious tiny life he could have. "Maybe that's not such a bad idea!"

"Hey guys!" John yells to the group, "Jakes got an idea!"

Everyone turns and looks at him with confused judgemental eyes. "Well... I..." he stutters. "I think we should try and get the giants attention..."

There is a small silence before murmuring and discussion breaks out.  

"How would we ever do that?" Charlie says.

"That sounds crazy! Lets do it!" Claire yells.

"Come on i think its a good idea!" John adds.

"No ..." says Sarah.

"What?!" A few turn to her.

"No..." she says, "its to dangerous. We don't know what she's do with us once she has us."

"Oh... I guess you're right." John says.

"I know! She was my neighbor for crying out loud! Shes the sweetest person in the world, she'd never hurt us..."

"Wait really?" John says. "Well if thats the case I think we should go for it!"

"NO, I'm the leader and thats my final word."

Conversation died down... and soon stoped entirely. Weeks passed, John and Jake talked about how great it might be if they could just get the giantess' attention.  But nothing was ever done about it, time went on. People got used to the daily life of the camp, Jake was starting to fit in.

"We need more food and water" Sarah commanded one day. "Jake and Claire go fetch some water. John and Charlie got get some food."

And so the groups departed. Soon enough Jake and Claire lugged the massive tube of water back, and patiently awaited for a meal. However, only one of the two people returned...

It was John. He was crying. Everyone began to get frantic, "what happened??"

"Are you okay?"

"Wheres Charlie?!"

"He...." John began chocking on his words, "He's gone..."