~A New Perspective~

It was cold, and wet. Jake opened his eyes and saw tall trees and a blue sky between them. He stays motionless for a few seconds, he realized he was sleeping in dirt. Then he realized something, he didn't feel sick anymore!

He stood up, but, something was off... the trees didn't go away, or even look any closer. He also realized he only had one tree in his front yard so seeing so many was odd. Then another realization;

Those plants around him aren't trees at all...

They were blades of grass that looked massive, two, maybe even three times the size of him. He looked down and examined his body, still there, everything in tact.

He began to wander around. He realized he must be in his front yard. But was he really this small? There was no way this was even possible!

He continued to wanted until he came across something that frightened him. It was a spade he left in the yard. This tiny shovel looked monumental to him, like a gargantuan statue in memorandum of a sprinkler that was fixed.

Jake continued to wander pushing aside massive blades of grass and climbing over pebbles the size of large rocks until he froze in fear. He stumbled across an ant, a single bug, but it turned and looked at him.

He stared at it unsure of its intent. The ant turned to him. It began moving towards him quickly, gliding along the ground. Jake turned and ran. He ran as fast as he could even if it meant stumbling and falling occasionally. His thoughts were racing, there's no way this is happening. He cant be this small... he cant be...

Eventually he stopped. Shaken and out of breath. He seemed to be at the base of the actual tree in his yard. One of the roots alone looked like a fallen trunk of a grand tree. Then staring up at the real thing mesmerized him.

He was taken back. It felt like he was at Gods feet staring at him in the face. And this was only a tree. Maybe he could climb it, and get a better layout of the land. He was able to climb the bark as if it was a jungle gym. Eventually he got to a tiny branch that was just beginning to form.

From there he could see everything... he could see the fast lawn that looked like a green ocean, or a massive forest. He saw the houses which looked like someone built a covering over a grand city. The street looked like a burning tar river, uncrossable on foot. He saw cars driving which looked like giant death machine spaceships.

He felt a feeling of awe and decided to spend a moment...

He was now not even taller than a blade of grass... how was he ever going to survive? What was he to do? He needed to think, so he sat down, and thought as he looked out at the vast horizon.