Contact

Miles.... it felt like miles walking on the massive hardwood floor. And he was finally stepping onto tile as Jake entered the massive kitchen before him. The massive cupboards looked like closed airplane hangers from his size, and the table looked like a massive oil rig in the middle of the ceramic sea of tiles.

Well... better find a way to get some food. Maybe there are some crumbs by the table. So Jake took a short journey and wandered over to the massive table and began to look around for crumbs. As he was searching he heard something that made him freeze in his tracks. "Hey! You there!"

He froze for a second. The voice of a girl who had somehow snuck up on him. He didnt hear the door open though, or feel the ground shake... in a fog of confusion he turned around slowly, and could not believe his eyes.

There, in front of him, was a girl. The same size as him.

She had dark black hair that was mostly straight, her face looked cautious and careful. She held what looked to be a broken thumb tack that was sharpened even more than normal. Her clothes were torn and battered, full of holes and dangling threads.

"Wait... youre like me..." He said as his jaw dropped.

"Not so fast! Who are you?" She said sharply.

"My names Jake, I live next door. But then I got sick and then..." he stopped to think.

"You came from the hospital huh?" She groaned.

"Yea..." Jake replied.

"Wow..." The girl said putting her makeshift weapon down, "they really haven't stopped?"

"Wait," Jake felt confused, "whats going on?"

"Come with me" the girl said as she began to walk off. "We're gonna need to be quick, the giantess will be home any minute..."

"Oh you mean Rachel?" 

"Tha-" the girl stopped for a minute, "If thats her name."

"Have you guys been able to contact her yet?"

"Why would we want too?" She scoffed.

"She could help!"

"Or kill us in many brutal ways..."

"Shes my neighbor! I doubt she'd do that."

"Well we've been stealing her food... anyways, we're almost there."

The two continued walking until they came to the massive fridge. "Quick, back here" the girl said as they walked down what felt like an alley way in a big city with the fridge and counter walls seeming like buildings.

"Hey guys, we got a new face, meet Jake..." the girl said as the alley gave way to a small campsite complete with dust bunnies shaped to form small chairs and couches for small people like Jake to sit and sleep in.

Speaking of tiny people... there were more...

Jake saw 3 more people in this camp. They all came up to him.

"Hey, hows it goin?" Said a man who was much taller than Jake, but much nicer looking too.

"Sup" said a girl with brown hair from the back as she threw her arm up to wave.

"Welcome" said the third and final person at the camp. He was darker skinned and quite shy looking. He had a pair of glasses that looked like they belonged to a doll, now that you think about it, they probably did...

"So yeah, this is our little camp." The girl with dark hair said as she took a seat. "Around here we all need to work together to survive, I'm Sarah, and you met John, Claire, and Charlie." She points to the people in the order that they introduced themselves. "Its good to have a new member of the team."

They offer Jake a seat, he walks over to one of the dust bunnies and plops himself down. Just then there was an overwhelming feeling of joy, because for once, Jake new he was not alone...