7 - The Secret

'Of course' I replied unsure of what was to be revealed. Jungkook uneasily shifted in his place.

      'I know I can't really complain about my situation and all, but people always treat me so differently. and I think sometimes I wished I was born second. let Yeonjun be the heir to the throne, my little brother I mean. he doesn't really want it either I think, that's why I feel even more that it is my duty to become king but yeah.'

I glared at him after his revelation. There was a part of me that felt pity because it made clear to me he wasn't too big of a fan of being a prince; but he was born into it.

He didn't have a choice.

     'I'm sorry Jungkook.'

It was honestly the only thing I could think of to say 

     'Yes well, what about you though? What about your family? If you're comfortable sharing only of course.'

I did feel comfortable, especially after he shared something so personal with me just now. I took a deep breath.

     'Uhm my father left my mom or well he left both of us when I was 8. My mom raised me but she always told me not to trust people and then when I started my job she suddenly vanished, she was pretty fucked up.'

It was silent for a moment, Jungkook looked at me puzzled.

   'Job?'

Wow, I really became less focused and sharp when it came to Jungkook. I mean that I let this one slip, stupid.

    'Uh yes, I mean a side job I had before starting this university.'

   'oh... I am really sorry about that.'

    'Yeah life's a bitch sometimes' I answered, taking another sip from my beer.

Jungkook pov

I couldn't believe that y/n at such a young age was left by both her parents. I had many complaints about mine, all the time, but I almost felt guilty about that now. because even though mom and especially dad could be a pain in the ass, at least they were present.

I also kind of understood why she seemed so distant to everyone.

Life had not been very kind to her.

The odd thing was that it seemed our circumstances in youth were exactly the opposite, but for some reason I felt more connection to her than anyone. 

y/n
pov

Jungkook stared ahead, he seemed to be completely sunken in his thought. I felt uneased because I hardly shared personal information like this.

     'Are you going to the party this coming Friday?' I asked because I wasn't planning on going except if he went.

As protection of course.

    'Uhm no I don't think I am, are you?' he replied. 

    'I wasn't planning to, no.'

I yawned and Jungkook chuckled 'I guess I should head back, it's getting late.'

The funny thing was that I actually wanted him to stay but he was Jungkook, the one I should keep an eye on from a distance, with the emphasis on distance, according to my mission.

   'Yeah' I agreed and he got up from the couch.

     'I had a nice time y/n' he said before opening my front door. I faced him 'me too Jungkook.'

   'uhm have a good night' I added.

   'You too' and with that, he left.

I was indeed very sleepy so I quickly went to bed, I let Bono in there with me as well

  'Y/n what are you doing?' I was shocked to hear my mother's voice again, it had been some time.

     'I uh what how are you here?' I asked and I let go of Jungkook's hand who was walking next to me.

She sighed in disappointment

    'Clearly, you have not been listening to my lessons'

There was a pause in which her eyes switched between me and Jungkook.

    'What did I say about men?'

Her voice from all the memories echoed in my mind "men will leave you, you can befriend them or enjoy them for your sexual needs but never fall for them because they will leave you with nothing.'"

I looked at Jungkook, taking his hand again.

   'He is not like that mother.'

She then chuckled patronizingly

     'of course,  he isn't, he even is a prince.'

    'I care for your daughter' Jungkook pleaded

Now she laughed 'I can't believe you fell for that y/n. you know your father seemed to be good as well so did your grandfather, they always do in the beginning but you need to remember what they did. and you need to protect yourself from that.'

I woke up

It had been a while since mother appeared in my dreams, but the thing that freaked me out most was perhaps the fact I was holding Jungkook's hand, and it seemed as if we were dating. Why did my unconsciousness even go there? 

Later that week on Thursday I returned from my grocery shopping. As soon as I went into the hallway, I noticed someone in front of Jungkook's door. He also looked at me as I approached

    'Hi' he said but like in a flirty way, it was actually impressive he could make a hi sound flirty his beauty was dazzling.

   'hi' I replied, and he came closer.

   'Can I help you with something?' I asked

  'Well perhaps you can...I think I'm a bit lost. Can you give me directions to your heart?"

My face must have been a meme worthy of the "are you serious"

    'Who are you even?' I asked still amazed by this person's confidence and corny pick-up line.

     'I am Park Jimin.'

I recalled that name from my royal family lessons, he was the cousin. the infamous playboy royal as he was called in the gossip magazines.

Now it made sense

     'And what is your name beautiful?' he asked as I didn't really say anything to him. as I was about to introduce myself I heard Jungkook's voice behind me.

     'y/n.... Jimin?'