42 - Another Royal Ball

Next week arrived and the ball was this evening. To say that I was anxious was an understatement. The stylist had helped me with my hair and make up, I already had the dress thanks to Seokjin so I only needed to put that one on.

It was quite similar to Jungkook's birthday ball; it was held in the palace and in the same room. About the same amount of people would show up.

I hadn't seen Jungkook in two hours because it took so damn long to get ready. we finally arrived back at the hallway. Jungkook and his family had already gathered.

He gasped but so did I considering he looked absolutely stunning. He was wearing a black suit, with subtle glitters on it. His hair still growing so it was hanging loose next to his face.

     'You look beautiful.' he let out as he embraced me.

My stomach warmed up, my heart beating rapidly against my chest. It weren't only those words he said to me that had that effect. It was also the way he looked at me.

His lips brushed against my cheek and then my ear,

      'Can't we retreat to my chambers for a moment princess?' he whispered seductively.

It was pretty clear to me what he meant. I couldn't deny that I didn't feel my core throbbing for a moment, but also because we were in the midst of his family.

My eyes widened and as I leaned back I saw him smirk, obviously satisfied with my reaction.

      'y/n you look beautiful' the queen complimented, interrupting the sensual moment between me and Jungkook. I stepped back from him, stopping any physical contact between the two of us.

      'Thank you, you look amazing as well.' I replied.

After my arrival it seemed the doors had opened and more guests entered the palace. I quickly moved towards Yeonjun so that I had a chance to congratulate him personally.

      'Happy birthday Yeonjun.' I congratulated him, he smiled at me and I realised it was the first time he actually had smiled at me.

      'Thank you y/n, and thank you for coming to the party.'

      'of course.' I bowed a little and left towards Jungkook again, so that the next person could congratulate the birthday prince.

Jungkook took my hand and led me to the ballroom. It was beautifully decorated, entirely different from Jungkook's birthday. This time the theme seemed to be green and nature. There were flowers and fake trees. It honestly felt as if I stepped in a fairytale movie.

The room filled up pretty quickly, I guess being fashionably late was definitely not a thing when it comes to royal balls. Not long after the officially communicated start time, everyone was inside.

It was so different from last time, besides the fact me and Jimin were the only ones late, it was also the time nobody paid attention to me at the start. They probably saw me as one of the many conquests of Jimin and that didn't make me interesting. it was only after Jungkook danced with me that people had their eyes on me.

This time however it wasn't hard to notice people's attention; The occasional eyes staring at me, the whispers that would erupt whenever I passed by.

The things some people whispered a bit too loud, so that I was able to overhear it.

     'Is she really an alcoholic?' 'maybe that glass is not filled with water but vodka?'    

      'Why does the prince bring such a troubled girl into the palace?'