41 - Right Timing

A week passed again, a week filled with me trying to avoid reading all the hateful things people had to say about me. It was nice that I had a group of people around me that knew me and that stuck up for me. Chris and Han would shelter me from everything that would happen at university, such as making weird faces whenever someone secretly tried to take a picture of me. Or they would debunk all made up stories that were going around about me. 

But in truth I hardly visit the university anymore. It became too much, and too distracting for everyone around me.

Taehyung regularly checked in upon me, it was often a fifteen minute rant from his side about how ridiculous some stories were. And how much he wanted to hurt my dad for not sticking up for me after all that he had done.

Even Jimin was very outspoken in the press against all the false stories.

Jungkook's immediate family, meaning the king and queen, did not speak to any press. They hadn't released any statement. This did worry me.

I understood that a lot is at stake whenever they make such a public statement. Things like that could very much influence the public opinion about the monarchy itself. So in a way I did understand the hesitation, but it would have been nice to have them also backing me up.

But nonetheless, I still had my amazing boyfriend next to me. It was new to me that a person could fall so deeply in love with another, but I did with him. He could make me smile even in the hardest moments. I felt like I could get through this because he was there by my side.

It was Sunday morning, and as this was kind of a lazy day for the both of us we decided to watch a movie. Jungkook put on the tv, it was mainly to switch soon to Netflix but as soon as the screen lit up at the familiar face filled the screen.

his face

It was the guy I kissed during that party I didn't even want to attend, the party Jungkook only attended because Jimin was in town.

ugh

I heard his despicable voice.

    'Yes and then she kissed me.'

The interviewer gasped in the most exaggerated way, to add more drama I guess.

    'Was she drunk?'

     'Yes definitely'' the guy answered. I did consume some drinks but I was far from drunk.

     'And what happened then?' the interviewer continued with the questions. Jungkook had the remote in his hand and I guess he didn't switch channels because he was curious to the answer.

To be honest, so was I.

    'She proposed to go to her house'

     'That motherfu-..' I hissed, he completely altered the story.

      'and?' the interviewer asked impatiently.

      'I told her no, I mean she was obviously drunk, I wouldn't want to take advantage of her.'

I tensed up

      'I am going to kill that fucking asshole' I said angry.

     'You did kiss him right?' Jungkook asked and I looked at him indignant

      'yes but then when he suggested to go to his house I declined and he called me a slut and then I used violence'

      'Why didn't you?' he asked

      'Why didn't I what?' I replied confused.

      'Go with him?'

      'Because I didn't want to' I answered, a bit annoyed he was questioning me when someone lied about me on national television.