48 - The Press Conference

We all stared at the tv screen. 

    'Fuck' I let out

    'Jungkook' my mother gasped, probably because she wasn't used to such words coming out of my mouth.

    'We need to do something!' I exclaimed. Both my parents looked at me doubtful and I knew they were thinking about the letter.

    'I have been thinking about the letter. I am sure Hana doesn't know and maybe 'we can ask her to find it, I am sure she will help us?'

     'Although that is not a bad idea, Mrs Yoon indicated that she made multiple copies. She knows I could have asked someone from y/n's organisation as well..' Father replied. 

That did make a lot of sense yet I was so hopeful for this plan I didn't even consider that.

Throughout the whole day the media was extremely horrible against y/n. They saw this running away as proof that she worked for her father to sabotage the family. She was fleeing because everyone had discovered the "truth". I truly hoped y/n wasn't watching. It worried me greatly, because seeing this while she was by herself might be too much.

The following day the stories continued and they became more and more. My phone rang and it was a private number. I immediately picked up hoping that it was y/n

     'Have you seen the news?' it wasn't a female voice on the other end. It was the deep voice I could only assume it was Taehyung

     'yes' I answered

     'Can't you do anything?' Taehyung said anxiously.

     'I don't know.. it's a complicated situation. I can't tell you exactly but I am trying to find a way.' 

It was a super vague answer I gave Taehyung but I couldn't tell him about the letter. He sighed 

    'okay. I hope she isn't watching this.'     

    'Me neither.'  I replied as I shared the same worry. We said our goodbyes and I ended the call. Not long after there was a knock on the door and soon after Father stepped inside my room.

      'Hey' I said, it was an awkward situation. I was still angry about the fact he chased y/n but in the meantime a lot more drama unfolded and staying angry about that seemed stupid right now.

       'Son, I will hold a press conference in about an hour.' he announced.

       'About what?'

       'y/n'

       'oh, what will you say?'

        'I don't know yet it depends on the question but I would like you to be there. I like the whole family to be there.'

      'uhm okay'

There was something in his face and doing that worried me a little bit, as if he was nervous.

The hour passed so fast and here I was standing in front of a room full of reporters. I was in between mother and Yeonjun. Father stood in front of us and at the place of the microphone. The spokesperson of the royal house asked everyone to sit down and explained that reporters were appointed to ask questions.

The first reporter stood up.

Okay here we go.

      'Thank you for allowing me to ask the first question.' The reporter politely said. The king gave a nod. 'Aren't you outraged about the fact that the girl that seduced your son, the prince, is the daughter of a key figure in the very movement that wants to bring you down?'