15 - Hi, hi little spy

Indeed almost on the minute, Taehyung arrived half an hour later. I opened the door and I stared into his face that seemed as if he wanted to give me lecture about all the things I did wrong.

He had a visible frown but when he saw me his eyes turned soft and he came closer to give me a hug.

In that moment I let it all out and cried again.

    'hey ss'h' he said while caressing my back.

     'Everything is so screwed up Taehyung.'

      'I know y/n. you have surely brought yourself into a tricky situation.'

     'Hey shouldn't you comfort me or something' I then said

     'What? I am only stating facts.'

       'Taehynngieeee' I whined but I kinda did feel better, having him here. Putting this in perspective.

We released from our embrace. And taehyung bent down to pet Bono who was impatiently waiting for attention. He then looked up at me, while still petting bono.

       'So you fell in love with a prince?' Taehyung then asked, but in a tone to mock me. I nodded but the image of Jungkook crying made me feel worse again.

      'As long as nothing has happened I guess it's fine right?'

Taehyung asked and I realized that indeed I told him I fell in love but not that I slept with the prince, not once but multiple times.

I stared at him guilty, his eyes widened, and he shook his head.

     'You slept with him' it could have been a question, but he said it in a way that it was a fact.

       'Yes, I did'

Taehyung got back on his feet, while shaking his head disapprovingly.

       'y/n you know according to the rules that's not allowed, I mean your feelings we can't prohibit, catching feelings for your subject mainly means you'll get reassigned to another mission but you know the rules better than anyone. Sleeping with your subject means you'll be fired.' 

      'Yeah that's why you can't tell anyone you know that right? I mean as long as Jungkook tells no one.' I then answered

      'You want me to lie for you?' Taehyung asked indignant and I kind of realized now I put him in a difficult position.

       'I am sorry tae, maybe not lie but just don't mention it?'

he shrugged, definitely not amused by my new request

        'What are you going to do now?'

          'I don't know. I sold my own apartment because I was supposed to live at that place for 3 years. I guess Ill go there tomorrow. I mean its obvious they came for the prince so I am not of interest. I will look for a new place and do it like that.'

       'No I mean about the prince.'

I looked down and sighed.

      'I don't know, he resents me and I can't blame him but I feel so horrible, as if my heart has been stabbed.'

Taehyung looked away but then back at me.

        'Okay I say this as Taehyung your friend and not as agent taehyung but perhaps text him? apologize and ask if you can talk to figure things out.'
         'Really?' I asked with wide eyes.

         'y/n I've never seen you like this. if you are unhappy I wished that at least you talk it out with him I mean I can't imagine you had loads of time to talk just now?'

          'No, we didn't.'

         'But perhaps do it tomorrow when you both had time to process everything'

         'I do expect the king to keep him inside the palace for now, for his own safety so maybe suggest calling or somethin.g'

I hugged him again tightly 'thank you taehyung' 

The following morning, I first moved back to the apartment. the organization took care of everything related to Jungkook's apartment and I was rather relieved I didn't have to go into his apartment.

I first spent two hours searching for a new place to live but there wasn't that much available on the short term.

Eventually at exactly 12:00 I sat on my couch nervously with my phone in my hand. I was going to text him.

I wanted to keep the message brief because texting was just not the way to express my emotions and feelings so I hoped for a real conversation in which I could explain everything.

Alright here goes nothing

 y/n: Jungkook I am so sorry about everything. Like I said yesterday my feelings are genuine and it had nothing to do with my mission. I really want to speak to you so we can talk things through.

I figured he might see it later but soon saw the signs that he did read it. He was typing and my heart went crazy

Jungkook: y/n you lied to me, I can't trust you. I need time, I need to focus on other things now. Please don't contact me again.

I stared at my phone, I was almost in a state of mind in which I didn't want to just accept this. but was there really anything else I could do? I could hardly break into the palace myself and talk to him.

Was it really over? 

Days passed and of course another day started and it was another day of me trying to get myself out of bed. I decided to clean my apartment.

I guess it was therapeutic cleaning.

Mr Moon had called and told me I did a great job and that I should take some days while it was unsure what would be happening with Jungkook.

He would probably, as Taehyung predicted stay in the safe walls of his palace, hidden from the world until we knew who wanted to kidnap him. but we weren't too sure.

I was in a way hopeful Jungkook would pass by to get his stuff or something. or mostly come by to talk things through. but that ofcourse was wishful thinking.

Later I went to the shop to get myself some food for dinner. I noticed that anything I did would recall memories of Jungkook and it was annoying as fuck.

When I returned I put the groceries on the ground before opening the door. When I stepped inside the weird thing was that I wasn't greeted by Bono. Then I noticed a dark figure in the corner. He smirked at me. Before I could even get myself in a fighting position I felt an arm from behind around my neck.

       'hi, hi little spy.'