Chapter One [REWRITTEN 24/01/22]

chapter one-i n t r o d u c t i o n s

Internship year.

Before you can become fully licensed in what you specialize in, you have to go through an internship year here.

For me, I'm training to become an assassin but I'm pretty sure that I don't even need to go through an internship, because looking around, I could probably kill these people as fast as my mother left me in the supermarket aisle.

Unfortunately, life in the mafia isn't that easy and if they were to just allow people in here, I'm pretty sure some would end up getting their toes cut off before they could even say onomatopoeia.

I'm currently sitting in the middle row between a guy whose head is down on his computer, with his glasses sitting at the crook of his nose and a girl who has just been sending a couple of smiley glances my way.

If anything, she looks like she's willingly wanting to start a conversation with me.

I finally meet her gaze and she freezes like a deer in headlights, and studies me with her eyes, possibly trying to read what I'm specializing in, we were taught how to do that when we were in secondary school, just in case you encounter the police. When she finally met my gaze, she grinned and stretched out her hand.

"Valentina Rodríguez, I can tell we're going to be great friends." She says almost too happy and I can already just tell what she specializes in.

"Maliyah," I replied, taking her hand and shaking it, "Nice to meet you."

We both retract our hands back and I focus my gaze on the interns who are filling the black chairs in the hall.

"You're training to be an assassin aren't you?" I turn back to her, feeling the smallest smile play upon my face.

"Yeah, yeah I am. And I assume you're one too?" She shakes her head and laughs, now having to speak up louder since more people were filling in.

"No actually, I'm a persecutor. I wanted to be an assassin but it seemed too quick, too boring, so why not slowly kill someone off and enjoy the sounds of their pain?" She finishes, still smiling and I realise how quickly I'm already starting to like her.

"Now that you talk about it, it sounds like real fun," Valentina laughs, nodding her head, "But I prefer to be an assassin. There's just something that excites me with the gun in my hand and a body falling to the floor." She nods.

"Were you brought up here?" She speaks up again and I nod, still focusing my gaze on the people filling the door.

"Yep," I say in reply, "but I was adopted here when I was ten, after my mother left me in a shopping aisle." Valentina looks like she's about to laugh, but really who wouldn't?

Like imagine, you're shopping for clothes that day and your mother leaves you in a bloody shopping aisle looking like you want to steal clothes. Looking back, I really do laugh to myself a little about it but it always dies down after remembering that she left me there, and never came back.

She told me she was going to get a nice teddy bear for me, and being the little sucker I was, I believed her and waited in the aisle for her to come. But when it took over thirty minutes, the cashier told me to go look for my mother but I couldn't find her. And it didn't take a genius that she had dashed off leaving her ten year old alone, still waiting for the damn teddy bear.

The lights had now dimmed, and the chatter had quieted down which means they're about to start the programme.

A smile had played on my lips, waiting for them to start announcing the dorm rooms.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

-ahhhhh how did i do??? 

-did you enjoy this chapter? and yes i know it's short but it's just to help progress into the next chapter properly (promise next one will be longer)

[REWRITTEN A/N]: I am excited out of my mind because I'm going to change so much of this book, but it'll defo take time! Be patient with me guys!

-make sure to vote and comment!