Chapter Eleven

chapter 11- p a s s i o n a t e

After we exited the car, I went straight to my room to go change out of my dress which I was definitely planning to keep since it smelled so much like Mateo- forget that, I had tried getting every single thought of him out of my mind and it has re...

After we exited the car, I went straight to my room to go change out of my dress which I was definitely planning to keep since it smelled so much like Mateo- forget that, I had tried getting every single thought of him out of my mind and it has resulted in my now tossing and turning every time I try to fall asleep.

Just go to him, it's not like he'll mind anyways.

No, because if I go to him I'll somehow manage to end up on his bed and that is not a nice spot for people who are just fucking, right?

"Fuck it," I get up from my bed and put on my slippers, stopping at the door to think if it's a good idea, but remembering my past decisions in life I realize that I've never made any good decisions anyway. I pulled the handle of the door and walked to Mateo's room which was across my own.

I contemplated knocking on the door or just walking inside but if it were me, I'd probably have someone's head off if they just barged in while I was sleeping. Immediately my hand made contact with the door Mateo swang it right open, trying to steady himself from falling by the doorframe.

"Um, hey?"

"Hey, what are you uh, what are you doing here?" I had yet to take in his appearance and when I did a rush of energy went down between my thighs, making me clench them tight together to show the pleasure on my face. He was only wearing grey sweatpants that hung low around his waist making it very visible for his tattoos to show but they were absolutely beautiful. My hand was about to touch one when Mateo spoke again.

"Mal? You okay?" Mateo looked at me with concern laced in his eyes and I nodded smiling.

"Just couldn't sleep, do you think I could stay here with you?" He seems taken back by my question but he doesn't take long before he nods and holds open the door for me to enter. His room is simple and his computer is open to a new webpage. There's a balcony out front and it shows pretty much the front porch but it looks absolutely beautiful while it's lit by the lights moving towards the door.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" He walks past me and stands out on the balcony, giving me a very nice view of his back. I walk towards him and stand next to him, putting a little bit of a distance between us.

"Same reason you probably couldn't," He laughs and I look up to him while he smirks down at me.

"I don't know about you but I couldn't stop thinking about you, which was a pain in the ass since I really need my beauty sleep."

"You know we aren't anything more than what we are now...right?" I say slowly and he nods but I could've sworn hurt flashed right through his eyes but it was gone in less than a second.

I turn away from him looking back to the sky and embracing the comfortable silence between us but I can feel Mateo now staring at me so I turn to him, waiting for whatever he wants to say.