Chapter Two [REWRITTEN 05/02/22]

chapter two- i n t r o d u c t i o n s [REWRITTEN]

You know when you receive a lecture from your parents about something and two days later, they were still talking about it? That was hell.

This thing is hell.

The Don has been talking about how to do safe sex and making sure to remind us on every single slide we went through about our stay here. And when I say that I could kill myself in a heartbeat because of this thing, I would, I really would.

The Don has been talking about how to practice safe sex and making sure to remind us on every single slide we went through about our stay here. A little inconvenient as I assumed people who got accepted here are more focused on trying to secure a well-paying job after internship, rather than getting knocked up.

Turns out I was wrong as a lady a couple of rows in front of me has apparently gotten a couple of snickers and laughs being sent her way because she got impregnated four times. Yes, she repeated internship year four times in a row because she dropped out four times. No hate to the woman though, she can make her own choices, I just can not imagine having to repeat a course four times.

I simply don't have the patience for that.

The Don moves on to another slide of his PowerPoint which says, and I quote, 'How to apply a condom correctly!' Before The Don can even say anything else, people start snickering to themselves and I tune myself just before my ears scar themselves for life.

I turn to the guy beside me who had somehow shrunken himself up, almost as if he is uncomfortable with this whole thing. I smile to myself as I watch how he nervously glances around while his index finger taps his knee every couple of seconds.

"Are you alright?" I ask him and he nervously whips his head in my direction and his eyes widen like a deer caught in headlights.

Too harsh?

"Uh, yes. Sorry, I didn't mean to jump like that." He nervously scratches the back of his head and I feel amusement bubble softly inside me, "I just don't...well, this isn't what I signed up for." He nods his head in the direction of the PowerPoint and The Don now holds an unopened condom packet and a banana.

I hold back the urge to laugh and decide to torment this guy a little longer. Only because I'm so nice.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow, "This little sex-ed thing?" I say, not taking my eyes off him but pointing to the direction of the stage.

His eyes widen even larger and now I can't help the smile that rolls right off my lips. The man nods and then sends a visible gulp down his throat.

I nod my head and then rest my back on my chair, staring back at The Don who thankfully, has moved on to a whole different topic. He started discussing the positive things we'd gain during our stay here when I turned to look at the guy beside me who was staring at the Don with more interest than before.