Chapter 43

Previously on Sparkmates Of Destiny:

"Knockout, Breakdown, ensure they don't jeopardise our mission" the SIC orders with a glare as he turns his attention to the silent communications specialist.

"Gladly" Breakdown chuckles ominously.

The two Conjunx Endura soon intercept the approaching Cybertronians, preventing them from getting any closer to their downed friend. Soundwave takes that as his cue as the slender mech scoops the injured femme into his surprisingly gentle hold.

AngelBlade tries to protest, only to receive a gentle shake of the helm from Soundwave. It was at that point she knew that she wasn't getting away from him, she's too weak from her injuries. Her optics close in defeat as her helm falls onto the slender mech's chest plates. The familiar feeling of unconsciousness takes over as she slips into a forced stasis.

Soundwave opens a new groundbridge and heads inside with Starscream right behind him. Once the two are one the other side, Knockout and Breakdown retreat through it shortly after, leaving Chaos and Sideswipe behind.

"NO! YOU BRING HER BACK! AB!" Chaos wails in denial.

"No..." Sideswipe stares at where the groundbridge once was.

They failed. How will they face the others now, knowing that they were too late to save their friend? And Ratchet. What will they tell him?

A chaotic air surrounds Diego Garcia as its occupants work tirelessly to locate the Decepticon warship

ChaosStar and Sideswipe reluctantly remain in the Medbay while their minor injuries are taken care of by Jolt and SilverJay. Ratchet remains by Optimus' side in the search for his sister.

Sam and Mikaela enter the Medbay with grim expressions and a depressed Lockjaw by their side. The little sparkling has been staying with Mikaela as a pocket sized guardian after a suggestion from Chaos, who knew the girl would need a safe way of keeping in contact with the Autobots.

"Have they found anything?" Sideswipe looks to the humans hopefully.

"No... Optimus suspects the Nemesis is orbiting Earth. Our satellites can't detect it while it's shielded" Sam relays the Prime's theory.

"And what about Flammus and Moon?" SilverJay quieres as she finishes her repairs.

"They've been searching without rest, but there's not even a flicker of Deception activity. Optimus ordered them to return to base for recharge" Mikaela frowns dejectedly.

"Optimus wants everyone in the main hanger for their return, it doesn't sound good" Sam adds nervously.

"Let's just get this over with..." Chaos slides off the medical berth and trudges out the room.