Chapter 29

Previously on Sparkmates Of Destiny:

"Moonshine"

"How'd you like to—"

"Not happening" Bumblebee cuts him off and pulls Moon closer to him.

Moon internally squeals at the newfound protectiveness. Oh, she could definitely get used to this.

"Awww" Mudflap pouts.

"Time to got before any 'Cons show up" Bumblebee quickly changes the topic to keep unwanted optics off his new girlfriend.

"Not to mention getting out of this freezing weather" Moon adds as they start the trek back.

However, that doesn't mean Mudflap ceased his teasing and flirting. No, that continued for the entire trip back to base...

With the missions complete and all the new Autobots secure, the teams slowly return to Diego Garcia in a staggered fashion

The first to arrive are Ratchet and Jazz, who successfully found Jolt and Skids with no complications. The four Bots wait anxiously in the main hanger for the other teams. With both Optimus and Lennox still out in the field, Jazz takes the time to debrief Ratchet on how his mission went.

Soon the next team arrives, Optimus walks in with a chatty Elita One and a glum NightStar. Jazz frowns at that, Elimus is definitely not his ship and he knows a fair few who would agree with him. Night slumps on a crate next to the lieutenant with a depressed sigh.

"Keep ya helm up, Night. Yer light years better than her" he complements while placing a comforting servo on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Jazz" she forces a smile to her faceplate.

Half an hour later, Moonshine and Bumblebee stroll into the hanger, servo in servo. Mudflap follows behind with a pout, clearly the two have been ignoring him for most of the journey back.

"Moonbee?" Night and Jazz both ask in unison.

"You know it!" Moon grins giddily while Bumblebee whirls bashfully.

"When?! You've only known each other for like two days!" Night exclaims in shock.

"What can I say? It was meant to be"

"Meant to Bee" Night snorts in amusement.

"Shut up. Now where's that fragging Prime? I need to have a word with him" Moon scowls.

"He's over there, go nuts"

"Why so glum?"

"See for yourself"

As soon as the Seeker spots the pink femme latched onto the Prime's arm, a glare forms on her usually happy faceplate.

"Oh pit no. Don't worry Night, I got this" she smirks evilly.