Two

After the encounter of the two headed deer, the group of six continued their trek to Mount Wether, finding themselves getting closer towards the supplies as they walked down a hill.

"You know what I'd like to know?" Finn broke the silence. "Why send us down here today, after ninety seven years? What changed?"

Octavia let out a scoff. "Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell and now I'm spinning in a forest." The girl said as she spun around a tree trunk. Octavia tried to get Finns attention but miserably failed as he walked past her without sparing her a glance.

"Maybe they found something on a satellite." Monty suggested.

Cassiopeia had also thought about this but she could never find an answer, her father never thought of mentioning the reason he was sending her down to the Earth. Why send her down instead of another delinquent that committed a more serious crime than her? Was she really that expendable to her father?

"It was probably like an old weather satellite or-" Monty was then cut off rudely by Clarke. Another thing Cassiopeia couldn't tolerate was rude behaviour.

"It wasn't a satellite. The Ark is dying." Everyone stopped in their tracks and turned to look at Clarke awaiting for an explanation but she just continued walking past them. "At the current population level there's roughly three months left of life support. Maybe four now that we are gone."

Cassiopeias mind went blank. What was going to happen to her father? What about all of the other citizens? The Earth is survivable and we are taking our sweet time looking at deers and plants thought Cassy.

"We have to warn them. We can't just let everyone up there die." Cassy said frustratedly.

"So that was the secret they locked you up to keep?" Finn asked Clarke. It was like the whole group hadn't heard Cassys statement. "Why they kept you in solitary? Why they floated your old man?"

"My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had a right to know. The Council disagreed, my mother disagreed, Cassiopeias dad disagreed. They were afraid it would cause panic." She said as she shot Cassy a dirty look.

"Why are you looking at me like that? You said it yourself, your mother disagreed too." Cassy asked offended by Clarkes look. Clarke averted her gaze from her and peered into Finns eyes once again. It looked like a scene straight out from a romcom.

"We were going to go public anyway when Wells..." Clarke trailed off. "Anyway the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die, at least they've bought themselves more time." Clarke finished what she was saying.

"They're gonna kill more people aren't they?" Monty asked but he never got an answer.

"Good." Octavia spoke up. "After what they did to us, I say float them all." She then walked past Clarke and Finn. How could she say such a thing?

Cassy and Jasper followed after Octavia. "Hey, I never got the chance to thank you for what you did before." Jasper said as he was referring to the incident with Wells.

"Oh it's no problem. I hardly helped, John did most of the bullying." Cassy said. "How do you know him? He earlier mentioned that you were with him." The girl asked.

"From class. We were in the same class as well but as I can tell you hardly remember." Jasper said with a sheepish smile.

"Oh...um I'm not good with names. I recognised everyone back at the Dropship but I couldn't remember their names." Cassy said with a guilty smile.