Thirteen

Cassiopeia was walking amongst her friends where the drop ship had landed with an explosion. She walked with a sad face avoiding Bellamys' gaze. There were body parts scattered everywhere she looked.

"Clarke shouldn't be out here." Finn said full of concern.

"Her mum was on that ship. She's looking for answers." Raven snapped back. "You wanna help her? Find me the black box. Hard drives. Anything that will explain why the ship crashed."

"What's wrong with you?" Finn asked Cassy still angry from last night.

"It's not everyday you see scattered body parts everywhere." She said in the same tone and walked away from him with Raven by her side.

"Why do you put up with him?" Cassiopeia asked Raven as she looked for the things the girl explained.

"I don't have to anymore." She replied indicating the fact that she found out there was something between Finn and Clarke.

"So you found out..." Cassy said slowly and the mechanic nodded.

"Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for the bridge is coming. Just a matter of when." Bellamy called out gripping his riffle tighter.

"You blame them?" Finn asked Bellamy.

"No I blame you." He responded quickly.

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns-" Finn repeated for the billionth time but Raven interrupted him. "If we didn't bring guns we all would've been killed."

"Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do. We are on our own now." Bellamy said. Cassy found herself between Finn and Raven again and the tension was high.

"Clarke stop!" Raven yelled and ran to her, Cassiopeia sprinted but was almost knocked out of her feet when a certain smell went up her nostrils.

"What is that smell?" She asked Raven that inspected it.

"Rocket fuel?" Clarke guessed.

"Hydrazine." Raven corrected. "Highly unstable in its non-solid form. If this stuff meets fire, we are all pink mist." She grabbed a small rock and dipped it in the liquid. "Fire in the hole!" She yelled and then threw the rock in the small fire that grew a deal larger when it connected with the rock.

"We could create bombs with this." Cassy said and Raven nodded with a devilish smirk.

"We need to clear the area." She told Bellamy.

"Okay then. We move in formation. No strangling. Weapons hot. We've got to get back before dark." Bellamy ordered.

*
*
"Where is he?" Cassy asked as she entered the drop ship with a sprint. There was a rumour that her long lost, best friend John Murphy had returned.

When Octavia moved out of the way Murphy was covered in scars, bruises and blood. "Oh my god." She said horrified and immediately grabbed a cloth to clean him up.

"Everyone but Conor and Derek out." Bellamy ordered but when no one moved he yelled "now." The rest of them scurried out apart from Cassy. "Cassiopeia get out." He said.

She looked over her shoulder and said steadily "no." and then continued cleaning her former cell mate up.

"He claims he was with the Grounders. We caught him trying to sneak back into camp." One of the boys said but Cassy didn't bother to see which one.

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the Grounders." Murphy said. Cassy was dabbing the cloth on his cheek gently, that action made Bellamy jealous.