02

"I'm going to get you out of here." Clarke told Anya. She scanned the room for something to break the lock on the Grounder's cage.

"Here." Cassiopeia said tiredly as she pointed a metal bar laying near her.

"Thanks." She said as she retrieved it. She broke the lock and helped Anya get out. Suddenly a clicking noise came from the door.

"Someone is coming." Cassy warned her sister as she dragged herself to a dark corner.

A lady with a doctor's robe entered the room. She walked right pass Cassiopeia without even knowing it. Cassiopeia held her uneven breath making sure she wasn't heard.

The doctor grabbed something from a fridge but stopped what she was doing when the Grounders in the cages were causing a commotion. The lady walked towards them almost to were Anya and Clarke was. Cassiopeia grabbed another metal bar and threw it at the other side of the room catching the doctor's attention.

The doctor inspected it for a minute but then hurried outside of the room. Clarke got out of the cage with Anya by her side.

"Can you walk?" She asked the crouched girl.

"I think so." Cassy said. She grabbed the wall and with a groan she got up. She ignored the pain and followed her sister into another small room. The door closed behind them.

"We should've left her there." Cassy said bitterly.

"It wasn't right." Clarke responded as she tried to open the door. Then an alarm went off and lights started blaring.

"What is that?" Anya asked as she got to her feet.

"I don't-ah." Clark responded and they fell in a cart.

"Fucking hell." Cassiopeia cursed through the pain. She felt something warm soak her clothes. It was her stitches again, they reopened.

"Oh my God— Oh my God." Clarke panicked when she saw that they had landed on people. They weren't dead but they would be at any moment.

"Oh my God." Cassy said in a panicked voice as well when she saw them. She tried to get out of the cart by herself but she couldn't. Finally Clarke helped her and Anya out.

"We're out." Clarke said to Anya that looked like she was gonna puke. "Hey, come on, get dressed." Clarke said when she found clothes abandoned on the side. "We can't cover any ground like this."

"I won't leave my people behind." Anya said.

"Anya, listen. My people are still inside that place too. But they have guards. They have weapons. Once we get out of here, we can find help. We can come back." Clarke told her.

"There is no 'we'." She snapped back. "Someone's coming."

Cassiopeia could here them too over her loud heartbeat. "Reapers." Cassy said and her sister nodded.

Anya got up to her feet making Clarke say "Anya, you can't fight you can barely stand."

"I've got a better idea." She replied. Clarke helped Cassy to her feet and they followed Anya. They got into an empty cart and heard the Reapers walk by them. Just as Clarke was going to get up another two bodies were thrown over her. Cassiopeia suppressed a scream. Not from the pain but from fear. She knew what Reapers are and she does not want to die because of them.

The cart then moved down the tunnel for several minutes until it came to a stop. The first body was dragged by two Reapers. Cassy felt bad for the person but she was relieved that they hadn't grabbed her or Clarke.

"Okay, come on." Clarke said when she made sure that the coast was clear. Anya grabbed the head of her fellow Grounder whispered "Yu complei ste odon." then snapped his neck and climbed out.