Fourteen

"Okay, no visible signs of swelling or bleeding just like Cassiopeia." Clarke told Bellamy after she was done checking Octavia.

"So your saying she doesn't have it?" Bellamy asked through the cloth he had on both nose and mouth like a mask.

"She doesn't have any symptoms. But that could change. We need to keep her here just in case." Clarke advised.

"No way. Look at the place. She'll get sick just being here." Bellamy retorted.

"Do you want I stop the spread or not? Look, I'll keep her on the third level with the other people who aren't symptomatic yet, with Cassy." She added as if that would change his mind. "Think of it as a way to stop her sneaking out again."

"Screw you, Clarke." Octavia said when the blonde finished talking.

"I'll let you know if her condition changes." The doctor said and then Bellamy left.

"Octavia, wait." Clarke said before the girl climbed up the ladder. "I need you to sneak out again. Cassy will go with you just in case."

*
*
"Lincoln." Octavia yelled when the girls finally got to his cave.

Lincoln checked Octavia at the face with a worried expression.

"You know." Cassy said. Maybe they shouldn't have trusted him after all Cassy thought.

"I tried to get you out of there." Lincoln told Octavia. "You didn't see the flower?"

"I saw. Right before I found the kid your people sent to infect us. People are dying, Lincoln. Clarke sent us here for the cure." Octavia said in a soft but urgent voice.

"There is no cure."

"What? There has to be." Cassiopeia said angrily.

"So your just going to let my people die? You were going to let me die?" Octavia asked offended.

"The sickness passes quickly. Few are immune. We use it to soften the battlefield. I'm not surprised you were one of the strong ones." Lincoln said.

"Battlefield?" Cassy asked.

Lincoln wore a hesitant look, debating whether to tell them or not. "They attack at first light."

"You have to help me save them." Octavia said.

"I can't. I tried. My people think I'm a traitor now." Lincoln said.

"Octavia we gotta go warn them." Cassy said irritated that they hadn't left already.

"Because of the bridge? You were just trying to make peace." Octavia asked.

"It's not the bridge." He sighed.

"Because of me?" Cassiopeia felt like an idiot for just standing on the side and watching but she didn't trust the Grounder, not after she was poisoned. She was not like Finn, she couldn't just forgive and forget.

"I'm leaving Octavia. Right now. I want you to come with me." Lincoln said unexpectedly shocking Cassy and Octavia.

"And go where?" Octavia asked deep in thought.

"East. To the sea, then across it. There's a clan. Allies of the Woods. They'll take us." He bargained.

"I can't just let my brother die." Octavia said making Cassiopeia proud.

"There is nothing you can do to stop that." Lincoln stubbornly said.

"She said no. Back off." Cassy intervened.

"We can warn them." She told Lincoln.

"Octavia, they'll kill you. If you're there at dawn—"

"I won't be." She responded quickly. "Just wait for me here. I'm coming with you." She then looked at Cassy guiltily.