Eight

Cassy's eyes fluttered open, Bellamy was still sleeping next to her shirtless. She slowly got out of the bed and slid her pants and top on quietly so she didn't wake the boy up. When she was ready she left the tent and noticed that it was still dark.

Not wanting to go back in her tent she went back at the cliff where Charlotte had committed suicide. She didn't care about the Grounders, she needed to go pay her respects.

When she got to her destination she sat at the edge of the cliff looking down at the depths of the cliff.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you." Cassiopeia said looking up at the sky. She hoped Charlotte, wherever she was, could hear her. She regretted feeding Charlotte lies such as living a long life and that type of crap. Down here is only about surviving, nothing else.

"Ninety-three." She whispered to herself. Seven of the delinquents had already died.

As Cassy looked up at the sky she noticed something white in the sky. "Shooting star." She said to herself. The shooting star was getting very close to the earth and when it broke through the atmosphere it started making a whooshing noise and then it landed with a crash somewhere in a distance.
Cassy got up from where she was sitting and sprinted back to camp.

*
*
"Bellamy get out here." Octavia yelled as she looked at the falling object. Everyone got out from their tents to see. She saw her brother exit Cassiopeia's. What was he doing there, Octavia thought.

"They've come to help us." Someone said.

"Now we can kick some Grounder ass." Bellamy said when he stood next to his sister and a series of 'yeahs' were heard.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." A girl said hopefully.

"Have you seen Cassy?" Bellamy asked his sister when everyone stopped their gawking.

"Weren't you in her tent?" Octavia asked expectantly.

"Yeah but she was gone when I woke up." Bellamy said and Octavia mouthed an oh. "Don't look at me like that." Bellamy nudged his sister.

"What happened this time? You normally don't go for the privileged." His sister joked. After that Bellamy saw Cassiopeia emerge from the forest.

"Where did you go?" He asked when he came face to face with her.

"Jesus relax." She responded. He sounded quite mad. "I was out for a walk."

"You do know that Grounders could be out there." He said and the girl furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yes I do know that. Did you see the drop ship?" Cassiopeia changed the conversation. She didn't want to get in a fight right after what they did.

"Yeah I did." He said and entered a tent with Cassy and Octavia by his side.

"Right. If it cleared the ridge. It's probably near the lake." The boy said to all of them.

"We should get moving, everyone's ready." Octavia said.

"No ones going anywhere." Bellamy ordered. "Not while it's dark. It isn't safe." He then shot a glance at Cassy making her look at the ground embarrassed. "We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." He said and the rest of the people that were in with them exited the tent and did as they were told.

"Everyone for a hundred miles saw this thing come down. What if the Grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now." Octavia said.

Cassiopeia decided to leave them be, she didn't want to interrupt them but she was stopped by Bellamy saying. "Wait a minute Cassy. I said, we wait until sunrise."