Chapter 50

Ryujin's POV

It's been months since some chaotic event happened in Yeji's life. Here I am right now—watching as she throws her speech on stage with all the confidence she has and leadership that's coming from her presence.

"Again, thank you so much for supporting me for my swimming journey!" she lastly said before lifting up the trophy she's holding. The huge number of crowd cheered for her and of course, I'm part of them.

"I'M PROUD OF YOU, PRETTY!" I shouted as much as my voice could.

Writing a story where a girl attended a concert and the guy she's idolizing so much, pinned his gaze on her ain't impossible. Others would laugh because of how fictional it is not until you're in the same situation.

How can s/he looks at you when there's huge number of crowds?

Because her gaze darted straight at you. Either she's looking for your gaze or coincidence happened.

I mouthed I love you that made her smile before walking off the stage to give way to the professor.

As excited as ever, I left the crowded place and went to the back of the stage. I saw some teachers talking to her.

I waited until they're gone before approaching her, "So?" Yeji looks at me with her raising eyebrows.

"What?"

"You ready to spend your days with me?" I asked. Seulgi and Uncle JB are out of town that's why I asked Yeji a few days ago to stay in our condominium but she resisted since she's preparing for the championship.

"Probably," Yeji answered so I hugged her tight.

"I love you so much, baby. I won't say congratulations already coz maybe you're full of that. Let's just celebrate for today, are you in?" she nodded. I kissed her forehead before flashing a sweet smile to her.

"Excuse me love birds—but can I take some time to congratulate you, Yeji?" Ms. Park interrupted that's why I gladly smiled before stepping on the side.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and looked at the time. It's almost 5 pm.

📲
jindori

me:
peonies

📱

Yeji went straight to my direction after talking with Ms. Park. I tightly holds her hand after kissing it.

After all the things that I've been through since the day I was born—I knew I deserved this all. They say, we only live once and I'm so thankful that I was able to meet Yeji. If ever afterlife is real, I'd still want to meet Yeji no matter what.

We only live once...but if parallel universe or past life exists—then have we met before? Or am I taking care of her in parallel universe?

Wish I could write a story about us...but maybe I'll leave it to the next Shin Ryujin, the other Shin Ryujin or maybe the past Shin Ryujin did it already.

I'll meet Yeji with a better life, I'll meet Yeji sooner. I want to meet Yeji sooner in another life so I can treasure her longer. And...and if afterlife is really true, I'd want to be a magician in another life—and a writer.