Chapter 51

Irene's POV

I grabbed the empty bottle of wine on the table, smashed it to the shelf and pointed at him.

"Leave!" I shouted.

He suddenly pulled out a gun from one of his body guard's waist, "This is what you want? Where did you get all that guts to act like this huh? I raised you, without me you're nothing but a piece of shit!" dad stated but I remained looking at him with my sharp eyes.

"Just leave me alone, leave my family alone!" I said but he suddenly fired the gun just next to my neck that left me astounded. The sound of breaking glass sooth in my ears.

My family picture...

"Family? You never have them! You'll never have that so called family! Family consists of a mom and have you ever been a mom huh?!"

My tears immediately fell. He's right after all. I've never been a mom...I was just that reckless girl who never became a woman...

"You're my puppet Irene and I'll never cut the strings." dad said that brought me more in tears.

"Dad...please? I...I want to live happily.." I plead. I don't know why I always end up begging...why I always ask for something that's not meant to be ask anyway.

Why is it so hard to live with happiness? Why do I need to beg for everything when others are having it free?

"You think you can beat me now that you're all grown up? Even if you cut your own self with me, the cut string would still remain hanging on your head. You lived your life being a puppet—you think you can forget that by settling your life into better one?" dad took one step, he pointed the edge of his cane to me and ended up putting it on my forehead, "You're puppet named Irene and I'm your puppeteer who you used to call 'dad'." I looked down while holding my tears.

"If you don't wanna be a puppet then kill yourself, stab yourself with that bottle you're holding since you're full of stupidity." he said before turning back at me. I watched him as he slowly trace his way out of my house.

Why can't I live the life I wanted for long? How long will I be forgotten by the world?

I'm human too...

I quickly took a steps to catch up with him while tightly holding the bottle of wine...if I'll be like this for the rest of my life then might as well end his life using the sharp edges of this bottle.

Before I could even take another step, a loud shot of gun echoed here in the living room.

"D-Dad..."

I don't know if everything just didn't function in my mind...

Have I lost my mind? Did I go deaf because of the loud shot?

"Try harder, Irene." he said while looking at me...and up until now, those look never changed...

Why? Why have I never seen a single mercy in those eyes? Who hurt you, Dad? Who made your life miserable...that you chose to give your daughter a life of a living hell?

"Dad..." I mumbled once again while putting my palm on my stomach.

It's funny...might as well end his life with the sharp edges of this bottle, I say?