Chapter 9

Ryujin's POV

I chewed the last piece of gum I have. Surely, having a crush is heartbreaking sometimes. I've always been that Ryujin who's afraid of expectations yet expecting something. Always been that hopeless but hopeful.

Seriously, what's wrong with me? Falling in love with the same gender is a sin, so as dating. It's a sin. I don't need to take it seriously. I'm just admiring her and who cares if she doesn't feel the same way or think the same way?

"Mom, where are we going?" I asked, she fetched me from school and we're stuck in a heavy traffic.

"We're going to get that tattoo remove." she suddenly said.

I was stunned for a second before finally coming back to my senses, "T-tattoo? Where?" I asked.

"You can never hide that tattoo on your nape." she said.

"Mom it's just a sticker." I defended.

"You think I wouldn't find out? My daughter have a rainbow colored tattoo on her nape? I'm not dumb, Ryujin." mom stated. Then what's wrong? It's hidden. It's what I wanted.

"I'm just adopted, right?"

"Yeah, right."

"Then why do you care about this? Just let me, I don't have a single blood from you anyway." I said, biting my lower lip to prevent myself from crying.

"You're carrying my name, our name. Stop being so ignorant." she mumbled. She's only looking at the car ahead of us, not even taking a glimpse of me.

"You...why did you even adopt me..." I murmured.

You're a shit, Irene.

"Because I needed to."

With that, I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door, running away from her shouts.

I can live without you and I am willing to live alone.

When everything's so heavy, what should I do? Because everything's so heavy in my heart, in my mind. How can I outrun the darkness?

"Because I needed to."

It suck. Like she's not hurting a person. Every words coming from her sucks.

"You're adopted, okay?!"

"Stop ruining the family, Ryujin!"

"I'm Irene and I'm not your mother."

"I will never love you, you're just adopted anyway."

"You can't love girls!"

I'm not born different, am I?

Who's my mother? Who is she? Why did she dump me? What was her reason to forsake me? Did I ruin her life too?

Just...what should I be feeling by now if I'm with her or if I'm with an adopted mother who could love me as her own?