Chapter 29

Ryujin's POV

"You should've taken care of these wounds earlier..."

"Ouch!" I flinched when she touched my palm that has more wounds than my arms.

"Sorry Ryujin, you've got a lot of cuts here. What happened huh?" she curiously asked while gently rubbing the cotton on it.

"I picked a broken vase with my bare hands. I didn't notice that I'm getting wounded already." I stated.

"We can't really notice that. Sometimes it's like love, we couldn't notice that we were hurting already not until someone snap the hell out of us." she says and laughs.

"Just hurry up, Heejin. I'm ready to go." I mumbled so she looks at me.

"Going home? To your work?"

"Home." I answered.

"Thank me for seeing you in the music room, wounded." she said with a mischievous smile.

"Thanks then. Actually, my friends saw it so I told them that I'll go to the clinic but instead, I went in the music room." I stated.

"Don't you have anyone to take care of you huh?"

I want to say yes but Yeji's in the corner of my mind. I wonder what she's doing...

"Who won yesterday?" I asked, referring to the swimming competition.

"It's the student council president. She's a bit tough tho, she shouldn't be competing with those freshmen." Heejin stated.

"If the school allowed her then what's wrong?"

"I mean—it's just an easy win for her because she competed with those rookies here in school. It's unfair, right?"

"Not her fault then." I said, losing my mood to listen to her.

I pulled my hand from her and stood up, "Gotta go." I said.

"But I haven't—"

"It's fine. Thank you, Heejin." I smiled at her and quickly walks away from the bench we were sitting awhile ago.

I can't keep up. I'm filled with heaviness I can't explain, with pain I can't explain—with all these thoughts I can't explain.

Wish I could vanish right away...

Before I could take my next step, I saw Yeji from afar. She's talking with her professor. I was about to step back but it's too late since her eyes landed on me, I looked at her for seconds and immediately averted my eyes, walking normally to the pathway, heading to the gate.

I can't face her for awhile...I can't...her eyes would tell me to cry all day long and I don't like seeing my pretty girl, pitying me.

"Ryu!"

I breathed heavily when I heard her calling me, I knew it's her. I could feel her coming closer at my back.