Chapter 35

Seulgi's POV

I wiped my tears when I saw Jaebeom's car approaching outside.

There's just pure dead air when it comes between us. We lived together for long—and for those years I never opened my feelings. Is that why he's thinking that I never loved him?

Day by day, it's getting worse and I couldn't voice out my feelings. I'm afraid.

"STAY HERE!"

I was startled with what I've heard that's why I quickly went out of our room. I sees Hyunjin and Jaebeom downstairs. So, did he look for Hyunjin purposely?

"What would I do in here dad?!"

I was a bit astounded, hearing him raising his voice to his dad. He may be stubborn and rude with his words sometimes but he's never done that before.

"I'm telling you to stay here, Hyunjin." Jaebeom said with his tensing jaw while pointing his index finger at Hyunjin.

"Jaebeom, what's the matter?" I asked while walking downstairs.

"Aren't you looking for your son at all? Seulgi, this is home yet he spends more time outside. Is that still fine with you?" he stated.

"He's all grown up, let him do what he want." I says and walks toward Hyunjin's direction to hold his arm and calm him.

"You should've send him off to mom instead of bella, that dog is better than him." Jaebeom throws his coat on the couch and started walking upstairs.

"What would I do here, dad?" Hyunjin suddenly asked. I rubbed his shoulder, telling him to hush and stay quiet.

"Have you forgotten that this is your home?" Jaebeom stopped on the fourth staircase, looking at our direction, at Hyunjin.

"I'm happier outside," Hyunjin said that's why I loosened my grip on his arms, looking at him who's directly looking at his dad.

"I'm happier outside"

That's what I never wanted to hear from any of them...no parents would want to hear that, I think.

"You're happier outside? Then pack your things and leave!" Jaebeom exclaimed.

"Jaebeom! Are you insane?!" I yelled with my eyebrows almost meeting, "What do you think you're saying huh?! Are you even thinking?!"

"He's not happy here, so let him be like what you told me."

"He's still our son! He's in the right age to do what he wants, why are you complaining now that he's all grownup when you never give a fuck about him when he was still young?!"

"Oh fuck off, Seulgi! I gave him enough freedom and he'll do this in return?! He'll act like this in return?!"

"Ever know why I'm happier outside? Because this family is a shit." Hyunjin mumbled. My hands trembled and I was too late to even realize that I slap him. I looked away while trying to hide the pain and anger I'm feeling.

I don't know what to feel at this point. The moment I heard it from him—I don't know what to actually feel about it. I gave them everything...is Yeji thinking the same way given the fact that they're twins?

I want to ask him. Tell him where did we went wrong on loving and raising them.

"Ever since, my friends parents were too different from mine. You weren't in love with dad, right mom? So why would you expect me to love this family that I'm belong? I'm not even the priority, it's Yeji, it's Yeji we should all protect, it's Yeji who we should take care and love—it's all Yeji," Hyunjin stated that's why I totally broke in tears. "We're twins, aren't we? But why do you only act as a parents when Yeji's around and act like a total friends around me? You two seemed so in love when Yeji's around and you can't even talk with one another around me. Since I was a kid—I felt like I came from a broken home, too different from what people around me think." I looked down, trying to process everything.