𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Third Person POV:

Bucky was down, laying on the ground drifting in and out as Revna and Yelena fought side by side once more. Revna blocked a sword strike using Taskmasters shield to do so. Revna pushed up and punched the man in the face hard, throwing his shield at his chest as it bounced back and Revna caught it, going to do it again and again when Taskmaster caught the shield and in a fit of anger, tossed the shield far away from the battle.

Taskmaster went to swing his sword down on Revna, but the woman caught his wrist and twisted it, making him drop the sword as Yelena came and rushed and jumped on his back. Yelena wasn't able to hold on as Taskmaster ripped her off by her hair, slamming her onto the ground and stomping on her face.

Revna grabbed the sword and swung it towards him, only grazing him as he was quick to evade every move the raven made. Yelena was back on her feet and they both exchanged punches, giving some and receiving some. Revna crept up behind the man while he was fighting Yelena, his elbow hitting Revna in the face as she stumbled back and in her dazed stated, the sword was ripped from her and her body was thrown to the side, too weak to move.

Yelena growled, using a widow bite on the man and his body convulsed as she rammed her knife into his ribcage and twisted. Taskmaster yelled in anger, grabbing Yelena by her throat and ripping the knife from his ribcage, stabbing it so deep in her stomach that the hilt of it was almost gone.

"NO!" Revna screamed hoarsely as her friend's body was dropped to the ground. Revna charged the man. I raised my fist at him but he caught it, and saliva flew from my mouth when I felt the bone begin to snap. Slowly he drove the tip of his sword into my flesh and the burn traveled up my entire body.

"I admire you, little bird. Shame that we couldn't all work together."

Revna yelped as the sword was driven a little deeper, "I wouldn't ever work with someone like you."

Revna headbutted the man, doing a move Nat had taught her that made her pin an arm between her legs. Both of them were now on the ground, the sword once again free from his grasp and Revna wasted no time in grabbing it, swinging it around and finally beheading the man. His head rolled to the side but this battle wasn't over. Revna turned the man so he was on his stomach, using the sword and cutting into his back.

Revna severed his ribs from his spine and then pulled his lungs out to create a pair of wings. The vikings did this long ago, usually when the victim was still alive, but it was called the blood eagle. In Revna's mind it was a blood Raven, the last time she would go by that name, the last time anybody would ever see the raven insignia. This was burning the bridge that connected her to her past.

Revna's POV:

"Yelena? Yelena!?" I yelled, falling on my knees next to the blonde as I put my hands over the intense wound on her stomach.

"Revna?" Yelena gasped.

"Yeah Lena?" I sniffled.

"Did you and their favorite get your happily ever after?"

I nodded, "we did. we're gonna have a baby. you're going to be a part of this ending Yelena. it's time for your happy ending."

Yelena chuckled, wincing due to the pain as her bushy eyebrows furrowed, "I'm sorry."

I shook my head, tears falling down my cheeks, "no no no, there's nothing to be sorry for Lena."

"I dont think I'm gonna survive this."

"you're gonna be fine. It's not that bad." I tried to reassure her, looking down to see all the sticky blood that covered them.

"t-tell me it won't hurt Revna. I'm dying, I'm fading away and soon I'll be forgotten. I didn't have a story worth telling. Even in death I was alone."

"you're not gonna die Yelena, I'll get you to a hospital and you're going to meet the love of your life and you're going to be happy." I said, going to lift my friend up but the woman only howled in pain. I ceased my efforts as more tears fell down my face.

Yelena gave me a soft smile, her skin paling by the second, "it's okay, I'm sure there's something for me after this."

"you said you don't have a story, you do. You're my best friend, you can't die, I just got you back." I whimpered.

The blonde moved her hand up and rested it on my cheek, smudging a little blood, "this is my happy ending."

"I don't want to let you go. please don't leave me Yelena I can't lose you. there's so many good things out here, the world isn't like the red room and I want you to experience some good. we're not trained killers anymore."

"it's cold." Yelena shivered.

"you're not cold, okay keep your eyes open for me."

"I'm so tired Revna. I just want to sleep." Her eyes fluttered closed but I patted her cheek to try and keep her awake.

"not yet Yelena. we're gonna get you out of here and when you're better- Yelena! No! Stay awake. Keep your eyes open please."

"you gotta let me go, Revna.."

I shook my head, "n-no. please don't do this to me."

"it's okay. You'll be okay."

"no I won't. Please yelena."

"I'm sorry revna." Yelena breathed, her eyes glazing over slightly as her eyes closed. I tried to stop her, make her wake up but she wasn't.

"No yelena! Please!" I cried.

I gripped the suit she wore that was stained in death, the red contrasting against the white like a mix of Heaven and hell. I sobbed into her chest before roaring out my grief into the crisp air.

"I'm sorry Yelena. I'm sorry I failed. I should have gotten you out too. I should have-"

My body stiffened when there was a hand placed on my shoulder and I reacted, pulling a stray dagger on the man.

"Revna it's me. It's okay. It's me bucky." He reassured me.

My body slumped, completely defeated as I dropped the dagger and looked at her body, "I did all of this to try and get her back and I did. Only to lose her again."

Bucky sighed, "you're gonna have to let her go. She's gone."

"I can't... she was supposed to be here Bucky."

"I know Revna.. I'm sorry. But you have to think of Natalia now. Your baby. We have to go to the hospital."

"I don't want to remember anymore. I don't want to remember." I mumbled.

"hey don't say that. You have so much you need to remember." Bucky chastised softly.

"yelena was my best friend in Redroom. Before Nat and I got together she was the person who kept me sane. She didn't deserve any of this she always drew the short straw. I just- I don't want to remember."

"Revna-"

I shook my head, "go. I don't- I can't. I lost apart of myself, I don't want to remember."

"well that's not your choice. You have a wife and a child at the hospital right now Revna and if you're going to act like you don't care, you're going to lose her. I know you just lost your best friend but you have to grieve later."

"I-I can't" I whimpered.

"Natashas in a bad way! If you're not gonna be there for her then I'm sorry revna but you're a bad wife and a bad mom. You can grieve later Nat will understand but right now you need to be there for her."

I looked at the man, the wind swirling around us as a few helicopters from Shield landed, a few trucks pulling up to and Nick stepped out. He took one look at the scene and his face fell, giving me a sad smile and I looked away, nodding my head as I left for the hospital.

a/n: that ends the fight. Raise your hand if you hate me ✋🏻