𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

Revna's POV:

Once Bucky and I made it to the hospital, people were immediately rushing towards us to try and help. But I didn't want their help. I just wanted to check on my wife.

"I'm looking for my wife-" I said but was cut off by a nurse shouting, "ma'am you need medical attention-"

"I need my wife!!" I shouted, calming myself down some. Everything was getting to me, pricking at the ends of my kind and I just wanted to make sure that Natalia wasn't gone too.

"o-okay. What's her name?"

"Natalia Romanova-Liv."

"looks like she's in room 29. I'll take you there."

I nodded and thanked her quietly, following the curly haired brunette knowing that Bucky could find me. I walked into room 29 and the ginger was unconscious on the bed with some stitches.

"How's the baby?" I asked.

"the baby's fine as of now but we want to keep her for a while after she wakes up." She said.

I nodded my head and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, "any serious injuries?"

"just some bruising and some cuts that needed to be cleaned. speaking of, we need to look at your wounds."

"I'm fine. Exam done." I said, watching Natalia's chest rise and fall, looking over at the heart rate machine to see the green lines going up and down.

"You're stubborn." The chocolate skinned woman said, her skin glowing beautifully under the fluorescent lights.

"My wife would say the same."

"we need to check for life threatening injuries." Nurse Ebony, as her name badge said, sighed.

I shook my head, "I'm not leaving her side. If there were life threatening injuries I'd already be dead."

"what if I got a doctor in here. They can help you in this room."

"not until she wakes up." I huffed.

The nurse sighed, "fine. But I'm going to grab you something to drink to stay hydrated, maybe even set up an Iv line."

"A water would be nice." I told her, already going over and sitting in the chair next to Nat's bed.

Nurse Ebony left and I grabbed my wife's hand as best as I could with the shape my wrist was in, a small sniffle itching at my nose, "yelena didn't make it. I just thought you should know that. Taskmasters dead. I don't want to remember anymore. I can feel myself slipping, I lost Yelena I lost part of myself. My sanity is slipping. But I have to pull it together, I know. I have to be there for you and for the baby. I really hope you're okay. Please be okay because I can't lose you because I don't know what I would do."

"you're not gonna lose me. And you're not allowed to forget." Nat croaked and peeked her eyes open at me.

I let out a sob, hanging my head, "I'm sorry, I-"

"It's okay baby. Come here." She cooed, gently tugging on my arm.

"Baby I'm dirty and bloody and sweaty." I shook my head.

"I don't care. I need you."

With a nod, I stood and slowly got in beside her, the ginger curling into my side and I sighed in relief. We both made it.

"If I lost you-" I started.

"You won't." Nat cut me off.

"if I did, I couldn't be a mother without you. I don't think I could go on without you in my life. I did it for so long and I don't want to do it again."

"you're not gonna have to. Taskmaster is gone now. We can retire and settle with our family." Nat said softly, looking up at me.

My hand found her stomach as I stared. Soon her belly would swell with my child, becoming bigger and bigger. She was really going to birth a tiny human, one that was a mixture of both of us.

"Do you want to talk about Yelena?" Nat asked softly.

"No." I husked.

"okay. But please don't keep this inside of you to fester. I know how much she meant to you and I'm sorry this happened. When you're ready you can talk to me."

I nodded, hiding my face in nat's neck.

"I have that water- I see your wife is awake, I'm gonna call the doctor in to check on her and you're gonna let him check on you too." Nurse Ebony said, the humor clear in her tone.

"I said I was fine." I rolled my eyes, pulling my head out of nat's neck.

"you did. But then you said you would get looked at when she was awake." The nurse smirked.

"you need to get looked at. You took a.. god I can't even say it. I hated seeing you like that." Nat said with a shaky voice.

I kissed her cheek before getting off the bed but Nat still grabbed my hand to have a connection to me. The action made me smile.

"you guys are all over the news. Care to let me know what happened?" The doctor asked, walking into the room.

"Avengers fight. That's all." I responded quickly.

The grey haired doctor nodded, looking between Nat and I, "well right now you and the baby seem stable so I'm gonna check you," he looked at me, "over before checking on your wife."

"well if my wife wasn't in the room I'd refuse your care because I think I'm fine." I pouted.

"but your wife is in the room and thinks you might have some broken bones." Nat forced a smile, "it's all love baby."

I blew out a breath before following the doctor out of the room.

-

Clint and Peter were the only ones who weren't admitted in the hospital, both Laura and May coming to say hello to us and to make sure we were doing okay.

I couldn't even really look May and Laura in the eyes, feeling guilty that Clint or Peter could have gotten seriously hurt, or even worse. But both women assured me that this was the life they both had, that one day things weren't going to be smooth sailing. They told me that they accepted one day one of them wouldn't come home.

That was the sad reality of this life. The life that I was forced into. So I wanted to create my own life with Natalia. It was time to retire for good. It was time to focus on the family that we were starting.