Chapter 9: Kakashi, the Sharingan Warrior!

A/N: Features the events of episode nine.

Warnings: Death, violence

Recap:

You smiled as you realized the plan. "Naruto! I'll provide cover!" You put your hands together. "Dark Shroud Jutsu!" A darkness rolled over the lake to blind the real Zabuza, who caught the shurkien with ease, but failed to realize the second Shuriken withing the first's shadow. Zabuza managed to jump over the second one just in time, but as the Shuriken spun behind him, it changed into Naruto with a kunai. Naruto threw it at Zabuza.

Makemashita.

Zabuza was forced to pull his hand out of the water sphere holding Kakashi in order to dodge Naruto's kunai. As he pulled out his fuma shuriken, he growled, "You little brats!"

You ran forward to help, but Sasuke held you back. 

"Sasuke, what are you doing?!"

"Watch."

Before Zabuza could swing, the rapid whirl of his blade was halted by Kakashi, who gave Zabuza such a menacing look, you could feel it from where you stood and stopped struggling in Sasuke's arms.

Zabuza could feel it, too, and his eyes widened in terror.

When Kakashi spoke, there was a note of restraint in his voice. "Naruto, your strategy was outstanding. Clearly you -- that is to say, you and Sasuke -- have both grown up."

Naruto laughed and ran his hand through his hair. "The purpose of the Shadow Clones was not to take down Zabuza, but hide my transformation into the Demon Wind Shuriken! I left one clone behind, then transformed. Then the clone threw the real me to Sasuke! Sasuke must've realized it was me from the get-go, because then he took out his own Shuriken, and that's the Shadow Shuriken Jutsu. Hidden in the shadow of the real Shuriken, I aimed for Zabuza. Of course I didn't think I would defeat him! But I thought I'd destroy the water prison. And as a bonus, I defeated his warrior clone, too! It was a huge success!"

In your ear, Sasuke smirked and said smugly, "That was a fluke."

"Oh, that was a fluke, huh?!" Tazuna shouted.

You were still concerned about the not detained Zabuza. He wasn't doing anything, but you didn't want him to start attacking again, and you certainly didn't want Kakashi to get anymore injured than he was by stopping the Fuma Shuriken.

Zabuza gave a short amused laugh. "I got distracted and broke my Water Prison Jutsu."

"That's not it." Kakashi lifted his head. "You didn't break the Jutsu... they forced you to break it."

Zabuza growled softly, pressing the blade down a little harder on Kakashi's hand. Sasuke let go of you and got ready to fight, smirk disappearing.

"I'll tell you now," Kakashi said, impossibly calm, "The same Jutsu won't work on me twice. So what will you do now?"

Sasuke tugged you back in front of Tazuna. "Sakura, (Y/N), stay alert."

With a switch of his eye and the throbbing vein in his temple, Zabuza clicked all three blades against Kakashi's hand, pressing down with enough force it was pushing your sensei's arm down. Kakashi flung it away, and Zabuza jumped back. His voice reverberated against the water as Zabuza chanted something unintelligible in his deep voice. Kakashi activated his Sharingan and started copying him. "Water Style! Water Dragon Jutsu!"