Chapter 5 ~ You Failed! Kakashi's Final Decision

A/N: Features the events of episode five.

I have a theory about the second Naruto opening. It doesn't really depict what happens, but perhaps it's what [Naruto] wants for himself. For him and Sasuke to get along, for Group Seven and Kakashi to go on epic missions together, to have somewhere he belongs... Idk, just an idea. The video is above.

Warnings: Cursing, violence, mention of adult novels, a lot of internal dialogue for the first part

Right before Kakashi's body hit the ground... it was replaced by a log. You jumped away from the field and into the trees. Dammit, I gave away my location. Another Substitution Jutsu?

You could guess Sasuke and Sakura were already on the move, but in an area you were unfamiliar with, doing the same would put you at an extreme disadvantage. Where is Kakashi hiding, then?

Sakura's anguished scream sent a flock of birds into the sky one klick east of your position. Kakashi was slowly separating you from each other, and taking you out individually. How could I have been so stupid? He wanted us to work together from the start. That's what gave Naruto his chance. Only when the clones turned on each other did they fail.

You dashed to Naruto and threw a kunai at the rope tethering him to the tree. He hit the ground with a groan and thud, but thanked you. You helped him untangle his legs and get to his feet. "Naruto, the point of this exercise is-"

"Yeah, yeah. Get the bells, eat lunch, become a Genin. I get it!"

"No, it's-"

"I can do this by myself, Hiroka!" He took a step forward, and was immediately caught in another trap. "FUCKING TRAPS!"

With your blood boiling, you turned away. "Fine! Good luck getting out of this one!" You took off toward Sakura.

The rational part of your mind tried to reason with you, but being dismissed and disrespected was something you hated more than words could express. When you found Sakura, she was unconscious on the ground. You were at her side in an instant, shaking her awake. "Sakura, it's (Y/N), wake up."

She rose and rubbed at her face. "Sasuke? Where- where's Sasuke?! I saw him! He was on the verge of death and I... I need to find him!" She shuffled away on unsteady feet. "Sasuke! Don't die and leave me here! Where are you?!"

You pulled her back to you by her wrist. "Sakura, we need to get to somewhere safe first-"

"No! Sasuke could be dying! I need to save him!"

"Sakura, it could've been an illusion!"

She blinked slowly. "An... illusion?"

"Yes! Kakashi-sensei is a powerful ninja, and Genjutsu like this would be child's play for him."

Her teal eyes cleared up, as if she were really seeing you for the first time. "I... I know. But I can't take that risk." She took your hands in hers. "You love someone too, right? Kiba... the boy with the dog. If it were him, you would do the same."

You wrenched out of her grasp. "Kiba and I aren't... I don't love anyone! Sakura, the whole point of this exercise is teamwork. We can fight Kakashi together, then we might have-"

She waved and jumped off without a glance. "Sasuke?"

You stared at the spot she was in, then yelled in frustration. "Idiots!"

Your last hope was to find Sasuke. Yet another screamed echoed through the forest. You gulped. I'm next.

You took refuge at the base of a tree. You made a few quick hand signs. "Chameleon style: Nature Blend Jutsu." Your skin and clothes took on the appearance of the things around you until you were perfectly hidden within plain sight.