Chapter 6 ~ A Dangerous Mission! Journey To the Land Of Waves

A/N: Features the events of episode six.

I kept having to stop myself from adding "nanda" at parts xD

Warnings: Cursing, violence

Over the intercom, Sasuke called in his position. "Sasuke, here at Point B."

"Sakura here at Point C!"

"Naruto here. I'm at Point A!"

The radio squawked as you mimicked the others. "(Y/N), here at Point D."

Kakashi's voice came through. "You're slow, Naruto. Okay, the seventh squad... Hm?! The target has moved! Follow it!"

You peeked from around the high branch of a tree you were hiding in. "It jumped into those bushes." You and Group Seven advanced carefully. Kakashi wanted you to avoid Ninjutsu for the mission, so you relied only on your surroundings and speed.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi observed the party while he hid in a small clearing just north of his students.

"Five meters! I can go at any time." Naruto's voice was hushed as he talked.

"I'm ready, too." Sasuke was focused on the bush.

"Me as well." You looked to Sakura.

She nodded. "Me, too!"

"Okay..." Kakashi's voice trailed off. "Do it!"

You leapt forward with your teammates, coming in from almost all angles.

Naruto reached first, latching his arms around the body of the brown cat you were sent out to find. "I got it!!"

It flailed its sharp claws at Naruto as he struggled to keep in at arm's length.

Kakashi came through the speaker. "Does he have the ribbon on his right ear...? Are you sure it's our target Tora?"

You held the device up to your face. "Red ribbon on the right ear, brown coat... It's definitely Tora."

"Alright, the mission to capture lost pet 'Tora' is complete!"

Naruto's voice made you all flinch away from your coms when he shouted, "Isn't there a mission with a greater sense of urgency?!"

___________

Back at Konohagakure in the office of the Hokage, the wife of the Land of Fire's Daimyo nearly suffocated her cat with the smothering embrace she held him in. "Ohhh! My cute Tora! I was worried to death!"

Naruto laughed derisively. "Serves him right, that stupid cat!"

You poked him in the side with force. "Not now, Naruto.

Sakura sighed. "No wonder he ran away..."

Your uncle cleared his throat, pipe between his lips. "The next mission for Kakashi's seventh squad is... An errand to the neighboring town... to babysit the chief Councilor's boy... Helping dig potatoes for, eh..."

Naruto sounded like Tora when he hissed out his protests. "Noooo!"

You scrunched up your nose in embarrassment.

"No! No, thank you! As for me, I want to do a more exciting mission! Give us something else!"

You could tell Sakura and Sauke agreed. You did too, but you also understood you were just Genin, and couldn't be trusted with responsibility until you had proven yourself on lesser assignments.