Chapter 3 ~ Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto: Friends Or Foes?

A/N: Features the events of episode three.

Warnings: Cursing, violence, Sakura being a little bitch (she'll get better in later chapters, since I don't like making her into one, and she's not always like that)

When you awoke on the day of your official graduation, Konohamaru had already run off to ambush Naruto on his walk to the orientation meeting. With a yawn, you rose and dressed in a black nylon jumpsuit, the pants cut off to make shorts, and wrapped a red sash tight around your middle. You slipped your shinobi sandals on and stood in front of the mirror, clutching your headband. Your tired eyes stared back at you as you judged yourself. Heaving a sigh, you brushed through your hair and tied the headband around your forehead.

Many were already waiting within the classroom for the meeting when you arrived. As you walked over to Kiba, Shikamaru's voice stole your attention.

"This is for the graduates only." he explained to Naruto with a hand in his pocket.

Naruto straightened his back from slouching over the desk and jabbed his thumb towards the metal plate on his forehead. "Hey, don't you see this headband? As of today, I'm a Ninja, too! It really suits me, doesn't it?"

You pulled out the chair next to Kiba and took your seat. "Good morning."

Kiba nodded to Naruto. "He actually graduated, huh? Coulda sworn he'd be taking lessons at the academy forever."

"He worked hard, trust me." You scratched behind Akamaru's ears as he pushed his head out from Kiba's coat. You had been ordered by the Hokage to stay silent about the events from the night Naruto was tricked into taking the scroll, and despite the lack of secrets that existed in the space between you and Kiba, you knew it was of dire importance that what you learned that night stayed under wraps. "I heard he can make a clone just fine now."

Kiba looked at you with curious eyes. "How did he get that down when before it was his worst Jutsu?"

Heavy footsteps pounded toward the door, which was shoved aside to reveal Sakura and Ino competing to get in the classroom first. You nearly groaned aloud.

"Great, Thing One and Thing Two have come to battle for Sasuke's affections." Kiba smiled at you playfully. Akamaru barked in agreeance with his master.

They panted as if they had run their entire journey to the building. Ino gasped out, "I won again, Sakura!"

"What're you saying? The tip of my foot got in one centimeter faster!"

"You must be blind!"

You poked Kiba's side and snickered. "They would compete on who went to the bathroom the fastest."

Sakura's face lit up when she found Sasuke. Naruto, thinking it was him she was looking at, stood up to greet her, but was rudely pushed to the ground in her haste to talk with Sasuke.

You stood up, chair scraping against the floor, but was held back by the wrist. "Kiba..."

"(Y/N), it's fine. Naruto's like a lovesick puppy, he'll forget all about it. When did it start to matter to you, anyway?"

Since the forest. "Nevermind, it doesn't." You sat back down, though couldn't help but watch from your periphery.

"G-good morning, Sasuke-kun..." Sakura clasped her hand over her heart in front of herself.

Sasuke's eyes shifted from the desk to her, unreadable.

"Mind if I sit with you?"

Ino grabbed her elbow roughly. "Hey! I'm going to sit next to Sasuke!"