Chapter 8 ~ The Oath of Pain

A/N: Features the events of episode eight.

Writing fight scenes is super tiring.

Warnings: Cursing, violence, not edited

Recap:

A kunai pressed against Zabuza's throat. Kakashi's indifferent attitude never disappeared as he fought. "It's over, Zabuza."

A low laugh bubbled out of Zabuza's lips. "Did you say it's over? You don't understand, do you? You won't be able to defeat me just by making like a monkey. No chance." He laughed again. "But, I must say, you're good. My Water Clone Jutsu was being copied from an early point. By making your clone talk, you distracted me. And you used the Hidden Mist Jutsu to hide yourself to see what I was doing. But..." Another Zabuza was behind Kakashi in an instant. "I am no fool."

The clone Zabuza burst into a spray of water. As the real one swung his Kubikiribōchō, Kakashi ducked under it. Zabuza switched hands as the blade embedded itself in the ground and sent a kick at Kakashi. Your sensei flew back through the air with the force of the kick. Zabuza pulled the seversword out of the ground and ran towards Kakashi. He stopped short when he came upon small Makibishi spikes scattered over the dirt.

Zabuza scoffed. "How foolish..." He merely turned around and jumped back into the water where Kakashi had landed.

Sakura covered her mouth. "I can't believe Kakashi-sensei was kicked like that."

"His Taijutsu skills are also very good." Sasuke murmured.

Kakashi emerged from the water looking disgruntled. His gravity-defying hair was pressed flat against his forehead. "Why is this water so heavy...?"

Zabuza chuckled and rose behind Kakashi. "Fool. It's the Water Prison Jutsu, a special prison that makes it impossible for you to escape."

An orb of water enclosed around Kakashi, trapping him within. You picked up your fallen kunai and ran back to Tazuna. "Protect the bridge-builder!"

If anyone heard you, they were too petrified to react.

Zabuza turned back to your group with narrowed eyes. "I'll settle the score with you later, Kakashi. First, I'll deal with your students." A Water Clone formed from the lake as Zabuza laughed at all of you. "You're acting big, wearing a headband like a Ninja. But you're just frightened children. A real Ninja has hovered between life and death numerous times. In other words, only those who are worth being listed in my Bingo Book deserve to be called Ninja. Guys like you are nothing but fakes..." Zabuza and his clone disappeared into the Hidden Mist Jutsu.

Out of nowhere, Naruto was kicked back. His headband flew up and clinked to the ground. One of the Zabuza's stepped forward. "You're just a kid."

"Naruto!" Your kunai shook in your hand. "Get up!"

Kakashi's voice called out to Group Seven. "You three! Take Tazuna and run! You have no chance against this guy! As long as he has me trapped in this water prison, he won't be able to move from here, and his Water Clone shouldn't be able to stay far away from his body. Now run!"

Naruto trembled in terror, too frightened to move. You cursed and abandoned your position in front of Tazuna to stand in front of Naruto.

Zabuza shook his head. "What's this? A little girl trying to defend her friend when she can hardly stand on her own two feet? Pathetic."