Chapter 10 ~ The Forest of Chakra

A/N: Features the events of episode ten

Warnings: Cursing

Carrying Kakashi to Tazuna's home had been a long journey, even with Sakura's help, but it appeared he had outdone himself in some aspect or another. You weren't skilled in Medical Ninjutsu or knowledge of the Sharingan, so the best you could hope for was to let him rest and pray to Amaterasu that he got better soon.

Sasuke had told you it was likely he overused his Sharingan.

"And what does that do to someone outside of the Uchiha clan?" You questioned.

He looked away, scowling. "I don't know. As far as I can tell the same it would do to someone with Uchiha blood."

"Which is...?" You hated having to prompt him into saying more, but you needed to know; you all did.

Sasuke gave you a withering glare. "I thought you were the smart one. Figure it out." He walked away with a scoff.

The temptation to throw a kunai next to his head was extremely high, but you resisted. Sighing, you looked to Sakura and Naruto. "Well, I guess we'll just have to wait until he wakes up."

Naruto shook a fist in the direction Sasuke went. "I should rip him a new one for talking to you like that, (N/N)."

"It's okay, Naruto, Sasuke can be childish and bitter if he wants to be."

"Hey, don't call Sasuke that!" Sakura narrowed her eyes and clenched her hands. "Sasuke's probably going through a lot, I'm sure he has a reason!"

"Sure, sure. But withholding information from the group purely out of spite for something is a bit ridiculous. I know you're one of his adoring fangirls and all, but honestly, think about Kakashi-sensei here."

She looked away, lips pressed in a firm line.

A day later, Tazuna and his daughter brought you and Team 7 to see your mentor.

"Hey!" Naruto cheered when he saw Kakashi's eye open. "You're awake, sensei!"

You and Sakura kneeled down next to him. She smiled. "Your Sharingan is fantastic, but if it puts that much strain on your body, it may not be worth it!"

"But thank you for using it." You assured. "Your skill in using it was what saved all of us."

Kakashi, still buried under blankets on a tatami mat, shook his head. "After I got captured, you four formed a plan together and protected Tazuna while being able to free me. Very good work."

"Thank you, Kakashin-sensei, but Sasuke and Naruto really did all the work."

"Anyway," Sakura put her fingers to her chin. "That kid with the mask... who was he?"

Kakashi took a moment before answering. "He was an Anbu Black Ops from the Hidden Mist Village. It's what the elite tracking unit wear."

You tilted your head. "Wait, so I was right? He was Anbu? I wasn't aware they had a separate unit devoted to tracking..."

"Not many people do, but there are multiple regiments devoted to specific expertise. This particular one is called the 'fire extinguisher corps,' and their duty is to erase all evidence a ninja ever lived. The body of a Ninja reveals a variety of things; Ninjutsu secrets and Chakra characteristics which permeate the Ninja of their village, the composition of secret medicines used on a Ninja's body... For instance, if I were to die, every secret about my Sharingan would be investigated thoroughly, and in the worst case, there's a danger that my entire Jutsu could be stolen. In other words, Tracker Ninja are specialists that prevent village secrets from leaking out by killing Rogue Ninja who've run away from their village, and completely eliminating their bodies."