*Chapter 41 - Valhalla*

"We could just disappear," Loki mouths against your neck. 

You smile, letting your head fall back onto his shoulder as he presses his chest tighter against your back. "No, we can't," you laugh, slipping the few coins given to you by the kind lady at the bus stop into the phone slot. "Tony's probably already put out some sort of Interpol alert. So I don't think we'd get very far."

"I did," Loki smirks, taking the soft lobe of your ear between his teeth as you punch in Tony's cell phone number.

"You don't count. You used your mind magic to talk your way onto a private plane. Now cut it out," you laugh, swatting him away as the line rings. But Loki isn't deterred. If anything he holds you closer. 

As the line rings and rings and rings, you wonder if for a moment if you've dialed the wrong number. Until the line crackles, and static fills your ear before a familiar voice comes through loud and clear.

"Squirt? That you?"

"Hi Tony," you say bashfully. "Yeah, it's me."

"About goddamn time. What the hell happened?" he demands, a strange echoing sound making him almost impossible to hear. 

Loki rolls his eyes and lays his chin on your shoulder as he listens to you speak with Tony.

"I know Tony...I know...Yes, I'm sorry...I'm sorry...Okay! Geez...Alright we'll wait here, just calm down, we're both fine. Well that's rude, I'm not telling him that. Okay - I'll see you in a few hours."

Hanging up the pay phone, you turn in Loki's arms. You part your lips to fill him in, but before you can say a single word Loki steals a kiss. You laugh against his lips and break it, placing your hand gently over his mouth to prevent another surprise attack.

"So, Tony's sending the jet," you laugh. "Or, I should say he already sent the jet. I guess he took off as soon as JARVIS told him I had disappeared from the tower again. It'll be here in about 4 hours. He gave me the address to the airstrip. Told me we had better not be late."

"Four whole hours, darling?" Loki says, pulling your hand away from his lips and placing a kiss to your palm. "Whatever will we do with all that time?" 

"Well, he did say to go to the nearest hotel and give them his number to call. Although he was very clear about getting two separate rooms...," you trail off with a grin.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him," Loki says, his gaze darkening

You laugh as Loki bends down and steals a kiss, sneaking his hand into your back pocket.

"Loki!" you laugh, scandalized as he gives your ass a squeeze. "Cut it out. We're in public!"

"All the more fun, no, my love?"

You get goosebumps when he calls you 'love', but give him a firm stare, and take his hand from your back pocket. You intertwine your fingers and pull him down the sidewalk toward the city center. 

It had been quite a walk from the forest clearing. But it had given you and Loki an opportunity to speak plainly and openly about the memories you had seen in Agent May's head. Having spent the past couple hours just talking about what happened and working through your remaining questions, Loki is now quickly reverting back to his old self. And you're finding comfort in hearing that playful and mischievous tone finding its way back into his voice.

"It would be a lot easier if Heimdall would just take us back," you groan.

"Heimdall? So you've met?" Loki asks, arching one brow.

"Oh yes, he's lovely."

Loki let's out a chastising groan and rolls his eyes.

"Hey," you give his arm a slap. "Be grateful. I wouldn't have reached you in time without him."