19

"Just who I wanted to see." She puts on a disgustingly innocent smile. Her sharp jawline was clenched with tension.

"Just who I didn't want to see." You turn away from her sitting back down in the chair at Katsukis desk. As you do you catch a glimpse of Katsukis death glare which is directed your mothers way.

"Is that really how you talk to your mother?" You could almost hear her arms crossing and one hip jutting out to the side. She was a fifty year old woman who acted like a teenager.

"I don't have a mother, what I do have is a woman who thinks she raised me when I reality it was just the nanny." You could just feel her eyes on the back of your head. You imagined the creek as she narrowed her eyes.

"Could we have a moment, alone?" You could see Katsukis jaw clench and his fist crumple the papers in his hand.

"In my office, I don't think so." You could see in his face that he didn't get the reaction he wanted from her.

"Look bakugo dear-"

"Don't, you call him that." You stand from the chair turning to meet her stare. "He is not your dear, he's a pro hero that deserves the respect you seem to think only you deserve." She smirks at you as though you had said nothing of importance.

"Oh sweetheart I seem to remember about, oh what was it? Three, years ago you thought differently." You clenched your hands into fists.

"You have no right-"

"Oh but I do. Your my daughter I didn't raise you to be some bum in the sewer getting drunk off of whatever alcohol you can get your hands on."

"Once again you didn't raise me! You sent me to private schools throughout my childhood always dropping me off where you could so that I was out of the way." You took a deep breath knowing what you had to say next would take a lot of air. "You never loved me, you loved my quirk. You loved that I would become famous and make money for you. You know I don't even remember you saying you loved me once! When I first learned how to ride a bike it was the nanny that picked me up and cleaned my knees not you. And don't pull that I brought you into this world, bullshit either! I don't owe you shit just for giving birth to me!" You were huffing and out of breath from your rant. The rage on your mother's face was all to clear. She didn't even try to hide it this time.

"I will not stand here and take this disrespect from an alcoholic." The next thing you knew you had grabbed the closest thing to you and threw it at her.

"I am not going to stand here and let you remind me of everything I hate about myself!" A sudden rush of air flew passed you accompanied by a new pressure on your shoulder blades. It threw papers in the air and the chair next to you had fallen over. "I didn't ask to be born." You could feel the tears running hot and fast down your cheeks. Before you could see her reaction this time Katsuki was in front of you pulling you into him. Without hesitation you latched onto him burying your face in his chest.

"Get her out." He spoke in a low threatening tone.

"This isn't over Y/n." Her tone was dark and full of promised threats.

"Get your ass out now, before I blow your fucking face off!" He turned slightly you assumed to glare at your mother. You pulled away resting your hands on his chest.

"Kat calm down." You spoke quietly. He looks down at you confused but ultimately calms down. He huffs out a sigh.

"Just get her out my office." Without prompting from Angel or Katsuki your mother, with one last glare at you, turns and leaves. Everyone in the room collectively sighs once she's gone.

"So uh, have you always been able to do that?" Katsuki pulls away from you staring curiously at you.

"Do what? Have a total melt down? Yeah I think so." He shakes his head at your snarky answer. The click of a camera draws your attention to Angel. You see she's just taken a picture of you.

"This." She hands you the phone and you see yourself standing there face puffy from tears. Though something is new. Large grey wings.

You turn your head back to see indeed you did have grey wings. "What the hell?" You reach back and touch one of them. You can feel the soft feathers but also you can feel your fingers grazing across the feathers. These wings weren't just decorative they were a part of you.