22

(A/n I just wanna say that chapter 20 has 69 reads. Nice.)

"Can we please go do something? I bored!" Katsuki who had his arms wrapped around your waist groaned. You were currently sat in his lap legs crossed and arms folded like a pouting two year old.

It was Sunday and you had done nothing yesterday and have yet to do anything today.

"You know you have that physical tomorrow. You need to relax before then." You huffed out a frustrated breath. "You know how stressed out you get about that stuff." He wasn't wrong.

You hadn't stopped thinking about tomorrow's physical. You hadn't used your quirk in years. Now you were thinking you probably should have warmed up a little bit, but it was too late for that now.

"I'm not relaxing by sitting around with plenty of time to think about it." You relax into him slowly letting the stress eat away at you. You were well aware there was a possibility you wouldn't pass the physical. You tried to convince yourself you were ready for that possibility. But you knew you weren't.

"Fine." Katsuki sighs as he forces you to stand up. "I guess we can go grab something to eat."

"Anything to go outside." You reply already headed for your room to get dressed. You had decided to wear the outfit Mina had convinced you to buy. That day seemed like months ago now, even though it was only a week ago.

 That day seemed like months ago now, even though it was only a week ago

You wore a (f/c) crop top, with high waisted jeans and a cropped jacket. You didn't think you looked to bad. You had gained some weight so you filled out the clothes much better than when you'd originally gotten them.

You leave your room emerging the living room to see Katsuki in a t shirt pants and a light zip up jacket. It wasn't freezing yet but fall was close so it was getting cooler.

As Katsuki sees you he seems to a double take and stares for a moment. You begin to feel insecure at the intensity of his stare.

"Kat?" Gaining his attention he clears his throat shaking his head.

"Let's go." He takes your hand basically dragging you out the door. He finally slows down once your standing on the street. "So where do you want to eat?"

You smirk having the perfect reply. "McDonald's." You don't even have to look at him to know he's glaring at you. You look over at him and by your face he can tell your messing with him.

"I swear to god." You laugh at him and stop to take a moment to think.

"Can we just get ice cream?" He give you a look that says, "are you serious." "Just hear me out alright. I haven't had ice cream in forever. Plus it would be nice to just take a walk and eat ice cream." He still has that look on his face. "You know normal people stuff."

"But we're not normal people." You roll your eyes at his reply.

"Just pretend we are." He lets out a sigh and takes your hand in his.

"Fine a I know good place to stop for ice cream in a park not to far from here." And with that he turns and begins walking with you, hand in hand.

As you come to a more crowded area you notice a few stares and whispered words.

"Do you think they're together?"

"I wouldn't have expected him to settle down."

"I bet she's just a fling."

"She probably wants him for his money."

Your grip on his hand tightened as you attempted to ignore they're comments.

"If that's true he deserves her. He doesn't deserve to status he has."

Without a second thought you whip your head around to stare at whoever had spoken. A man in his late thirty's stopped dead at your stare.

"You got something to say asshole?" Katsuki tugs on your hand grabbing your attention.

"Just ignore him." You let out a breath and turn away from the man. Katsuki then leads you away from the crowded area.

You push away your previous anger knowing you can't let anyone's comments get to you. Katsuki seems to understand that you want to forget about it and doesn't say anything more.

As you enter the park area it seems vaguely familiar.

"Kat come on!" The teen boy glares daggers at you as you almost rip off his arm.

"I told you to stop calling me that." You roll your eyes still dragging him along the park pathway.

"This is the best ice cream in all of Tokyo! And they're about to close so hurry!" You yank on his arm once again and earn a grunt of disapproval. Though he picks up his pace despite protesting.

Just as you round a bend you see the ice cream man closing the lids on the cart. You let go of Katsuki racing to the ice cream cart. "Wait please!" You stop in front of the man huffing from your short sprint.

"Look kid I just closed for the day-"

"Please just two cones!" He shakes his head crossing his arms. Your mood instantly drops as he begins the unlock the wheels and roll the cart away.

"Hey ass hole!" You start at Katsuki who was chasing down the man. "It's just two cones dick. And your still here. I doubt it'd take you more than two seconds to open the lid and scoop two fucking cones!" You stood astonished as you stared at the boy who had just been protesting coming here. You had known you liked him but in this moment, you knew you loved this boy. It was just ice cream but he was determined to get it just for you.

A cone popping into your vision snaps you back.

"Here dumb ass, I almost blew up the ass hole just to get this." Katsuki then shoved a (favorite flavor) ice cream cone into your hands. You can't help but to smile like an idiot.

"Thank you." He only answers with a huff and begins eating his ice cream.

Oh that's why it's so familiar. This was technically the first date you went on with Katsuki. It was where you first realized you loved him.