24

Now you stood in front of the very building you got your provisional license.

"So think your ready?" Angel spoke up next to you. Your sweaty palms said no. But your pounding heart said yes. You were more ready for this than you had been for anything. You wanted to do this and pass so you could do what you wanted all those years ago. Not because you want to win, but because you owe it to yourself and everyone you'd hurt around you.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Once your inside they give you an gym uniform to put on then tell you to wait with the rest of the people taking the physical. Which you wouldn't call it a physical anymore. It's more like a test, just like the one for your provisional license.

"So you all want to renew your licenses. But have either done something to have it revoked or have for whatever reason let it expire for years." A speaker through the room broadcasts a mans voice. "Well as I'm sure you know now you'll have to work hard to get your license back. So work hard." Then without warning the walls of the room you were in collapse. You had almost been expecting this.

"I think you all see how this needs to work so get to it we don't have all day here." Without hesitation you shifted into the from of a hawk. You start your way towards the sky but take a moment to get used to the from again. It had been so long you almost forgot how to fly.

Once in the sky you look at the rubble throughout the arena trying to spot the first victim. After a moment you saw a woman maybe in her twenties with her leg trapped under a large piece of concrete.

As you land next to her and shift back she seems shocked for a second before a pleading look enters her eyes. "Please help me my leg is stuck!" She grabs your shoulders tightly.

"I understand you just need to calm down ok?" She let's you go and takes a few deep breaths. "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"Just my leg, but I don't think it's hurt because I can't feel any pain." You glance at her leg and know what she's saying means somethings wrong with her leg. She should be in pain it's obviously broken.

"Feeling dizzy or faint at all?" She shakes her head no. "Oh then I'm going to see what I can do about getting your leg free ok?" Tears in her eyes she nods.

You move around the piece of concrete seeing if there was any other rubble laying on top of it. It seemed clear. From what you could tell moving the concrete wouldn't make anything else collapse.

You make your way back to the woman and kneel down. "I'm going to move the concrete and when I do I need you to pull your leg out, can you do that for me?" She nods silently again.

You shift into the form of a bear. At first the woman is shocked but then seems to realize it's your quirk.

"Ok on three I'll lift the concrete." You wedge your paws underneath the concrete. "One, two, three!" You start lifting the piece of concrete. You struggle at first but finally manage to lift it enough for her to pull her leg out. Once she's completely out of the way you let it drop back on the ground.

You shift back to your human form and inspect her leg. Gruesome as it is there's a large piece of bone sticking out through her knee. You try not to visibly react to the wound.

Just as you begin to wonder how to at least stabilize it someone runs over. Immediately you put yourself in between her and the newcomer. It could be a villain so best to be vigilant.

"Hey! We've got a shelter and infirmary set up to the east of here." You breath I sigh of relief knowing now that they were safe and you had somewhere to take the woman.

"That's great. Thank you." Though as you turn back to the woman something slams you in the side throwing you just a few feet away. You get back on your feet as quickly as possible to see the person who'd told you about the shelter pointing a gun in your direction. You jump out of the way just in time for them to pull the trigger.

"Jesus!" You exclaim as an actual bullet hits the ground next to you. I know these tests are serious but actual fucking guns!?

They point the gun at you again but you shift into a hawk and take off before they can shoot again. You loop around scanning the area. You can see they're alone so no hopefully no need to worry about anyone else. You can see the woman cowering on the ground covering her head. Odd as it was they didn't care about the woman. They had barely looked at her.

The gunman was watching you the whole time. Watching you assessing you. If all they had was a gun this would be easy. But you had no way of knowing if they were hiding they're quirk.

Making up your mind you begin to glide down to them gaining speed the whole way. They aimed the gun at you and pulled the trigger. You dodged it gaining even more speed. They began to fire shot after shot at you until the final click. Just a few yards away you shift into a Jaguar and plummet onto them pinning them to the ground. You give them a swift smack to the head and they were out like a light.

Shifting back you go to check on the woman. But when you see her she's standing.

"Hey your leg-" she cuts you off.

"That wasn't supposed to happen. No one in this arena was supposed to have a weapon of any kind." A chill runs down your spine.

"What?" Your mind is still processing what she had just said.

"I will say though you handled that nearly perfectly."

"Nearly?" You ask. Why not ask? Better to know and improve.

"Well you had no idea of knowing if they had a quirk, so you were a bit reckless. You also left me to defend myself." Ex-fucking-scuse you?

"I had an eye on you the entire time, they didn't want anything to do with you." She only slightly nodded.

"Officials will be notified about this and have them removed but for now continue your physical."