1

Here you were for the millionth time. Pawning off your last earring for money. After this there would be nothing. This would be the last of your belongings. Besides the few clothes you owned. The owner handed you the cash and you left. You're feet easily fell into the route you'd walked for years now.

Soon you came upon the liquor store. You felt a sense a familiarity at the sight of its neon signs advertising drinks. You push open the door a jingling triggered by this action. The older man at the counter grinned at you. You smiled back at his familiar face.

You grabbed the bottle of alcohol you preferred and made you way to the counter.

"How's my favorite customer been?" He asks ringing up the bottle.

You sigh and shrug. Stan, the owner, gives you a worried glance.

"Now, as a business owner I shouldn't say this but, don't you think you should get some help?" You instantly tense up at his words.

"I'm fine." He gives you a look that says he's not convinced.

"Y/n you've been coming into my store for nearly three years now. Every day might I add." He pauses staring down at the bottle he'd just rung up. "I'm gonna have to cut you off kid." Your eyes widen.

"You can't do that. Stan you don't know how much I need this." You stared at him pleading. He sighs.

"This is the last one." He says gesturing to the bottle. "After this I don't even want to see you in my store." You were slightly relieved as he was letting you get this last one, but you didn't know where you'd go after. He was the only place you could afford, period. He was just a retired man that wanted to do something with his money. He didn't need the shop so the prices were low.

You pull the money you had from your pockets and handed it to him. He gives you your change and the bottle. You grab it but he doesn't let go. "Remember this is the last one. Then you need to get some help." You nodded but you knew full well you would ignore his words once you exited the doors.

———

Bakugos hands were in his pockets, his head lowered as he walked down the dark street. Another late night. His hero duties had become more tame in the years since he graduated UA but he was still helping with the smaller crimes. The gauntlets on his arms rattled with every step.

The sound of a smashing bottle made him lift his head. A woman was stumbling across a street. She stopped staring down at her once bottle of alcohol. He looked closer and she was, crying?

Bright lights blinded him for a moment before he realized a car was heading the girls way. "Move dumbass!" He called but she didn't move. "Dammit."

Using his explosions he propelled himself forward into the girl and across the street. The car sped by narrowly missing the two. In the shock of the moment the girl had passed out.

He moved her to look at her. Once he saw her face he froze. He sat staring at your dirty and pale face. He contemplated calling an ambulance but he knew you weren't seriously hurt.

What he did next he knew he would regret.

————

Your body ached. As if you'd been in a car crash but had only suffered the whiplash. As you slowly gained consciousness you felt soft sheets beneath you. You must be dreaming. You hadn't slept in a bed since you lost the apartment. Despite the thought you opened your eyes staring around the room you were in. It was plain with white walls. The bed you were in was maybe a full size, the sheets were an off white. A dresser sat at the end of the bed.

Taking a deep breath you sat up. Pain shot through your torso. It was if a brick had been slammed into your stomach. The pain made you weary of your surroundings. As carefully as you could you sat at the edge of the bed.

You took a deep breath and hauled yourself to your feet. The pain came back sharp as ever. You fell forward into the wall groaning. So much for discrete. You heard shuffling from outside the door before it opened.

You wanted to find some way to defend yourself but the pain kept you immobile.

"What the hell are you doing?" You stared in shock at bakugo.

"Ka-" you stopped yourself before you could say it. "What the hell is going on?" You huffed out feeling exhausted by the pain in your stomach.

"You nearly got your dumbass hit by a car." He says dryly coming towards you. You don't know how to react as he grabs you by the arms and guides you back to the bed. You sit on the edge of the bed stunned with confusion.

Bakugo grabbing onto your shirt snaps you back to reality. "What the hell are you doing?!" You half yell grabbing your shirt keeping it down.

He gives you an annoyed look. "Look it's not like I haven't already seen you nak-"

"Don't, you finish the sentence." You glare at him. He returns the glare full force.

"Your stomach hurts right?" He asks, seeming to try to make some point. You nod your head hesitantly. "Then if you want it to get better I need to see your stomach." He sets you with a serious look. You realize he's not trying to be a total dick.

You sigh removing your shirt. His hands come to rest on your sides just above your hips. His touch is warm against your naturally cold skin. He takes one hand and begins examining your torso.

"Tell me where it hurts most." He says wholly focused on his task. He begins poking at different areas from just below your ribs to your stomach. He presses just above your bellybutton and you wince pain scorching in that spot.

"There." You groan out as he continues. Finally he steps back from you.

"It's not too bad, just some bruising, probably a couple of bruised ribs." You put your shirt back on.

"I thought you said I almost got hit by a car. From how I feel I'd say it succeeded." You say clutching your stomach.

"When I pushed you out of the way one of my gauntlets hit you pretty hard." You only hummed in response. "I'll go get you something for the pain. I just started dinner if you're up to it come eat." He said simply leaving the room. Questions whirled around in your mind. Why was he helping you? What had even happened last night? Why did he seem so, worried?

Only a second later he came back into the room a bottle of pain medicine and a glass of water in hand. He sets them down on a side table and walks away to grab a chair.

You go to grab the bottle of medicine but he snatches it up before you can. You look to him and see him glaring at you. Offense shot through you.

"I may have a problem with alcohol but ive never, and I repeat, never had a problem with drugs." You glare at him showing you wouldn't back down.

"Doesn't matter. Addiction is addiction, drugs or alcohol. Where there's one the other follows." He sets you with a hard stare and you don't argue any farther. Seeming satisfied he dumps a couple out into his palm and hands them to you.

You quickly take the medicine. When you took a drink of water it felt refreshing. Before you knew it you had downed the whole glass. As you looked back at bakugo he tried quickly to hide the concern on his face.

"Why are you doing this?" You blurt out asking what had been on your mind. He sat for a moment maybe thinking of an answer.

"First, I'm tired of knowing you're on the street, second I hurt you. It's the least I could do." He averted his gaze crossing his arms. He suddenly stands turning to the door. "Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. I can bring it to you if you're not up to it." He turns a questioning look on you.

"No, I'm fine I'll be there." You speak quickly. He only nods then leaves.

You flop back on the bed. You groan remembering your injury. You let out a pained sigh. One simple question now floating in your mind.

What the hell is going on?