28

The next day it seemed as though Katsuki couldn't keep his hands to himself. So when noon rolled around you were relieved as he went out on patrol.

"Ok what happened?" Angle asked from her smaller desk in the corner, that you had only just noticed this morning. You were sprawled out lengthways on the couch.

"What do you mean?" You'd play dumb for now, even though you knew she'd pry it out of you easily.

"You know what I mean. And don't try to lie to me, I know things." She looked from her computer just to narrow her eye at you then looked back.

"What happened between you and Kiri yesterday?" Her cheeks turned just the slightest shade of pink. She turned a glare on you.

"Don't change the subject." You give her a puzzled innocent look. "Fine then, I'll ask Bakugo myself." You snort aloud at the prospect that he'd give up information easier than you.

"Yeah sure, you can try." She smirks at you from her desk.

"How about I ask Kirishima when he gets back?" That worried you. Katsuki would be likely to tell him if he asked, and Kirishima the poor guy couldn't tell a lie for shit.

"Fine we fucked. Is that what you wanted?" She lets out a loud HA as if she was excited to be right.

"So does that mean you two are, you know?" You knew what she meant. You weren't totally sure yourself. You had both said you loved each other, and for fucks sake you did the devils tango last night.

"I guess. I mean we haven't exactly put a label on it. But come to think of it, we hadn't before either. We were just together." She nods seeming to understand. She opens her mouth as if to say something else, but before she can the building begins to shake. Not too badly at first but slowly builds until things are falling off of shelves and off the walls.

"Earthquake!" You and Angel both exclaim at the same time. She ducks under her desk quickly while you dash for Katsukis desk. Your knocked off your feet many times as the building shook violently.

Finally after a moment's struggle you make it under the desk covering your head with your hands. You can hear parts of the building crack as it shakes.

The earthquake shows no sign of slowing down as you realize the floor below you starts to split apart. Shit, shit, shit. You nearly let yourself panic, but you force yourself to calm down and think of a way to escape if it came down to it. Then you realized Angel was in just as much of a precarious situation as you were. Hell the whole building was. Think dammit, think! You're supposed to want to be a hero! You frantically think about as many escape and rescue options as you can.

Though the shaking finally begins to slow down. You still keep thinking of ways out just in case it wasn't really over. You'd also have to think about the aftershocks, which could be just as dangerous.

Then the building finally comes to a stop. Cautiously you crawl out from under the desk looking around. The office was a wreck and the floor had many cracks that would need repaired.

"Are you ok?" You ask Angel as she crawls out from under her desk. She nods to you as she stands up. Your mind instantly went to what to do next. You'd need to go through and check on as many people as possible. That was a bad earthquake and anyone could have easily been hurt.

You figured Katsuki and Kirishima were out checking on the worst of the disaster while on patrol. You could at least handle this. "Could you help me check on everyone else? I know there are sidekicks here but I can at least help." She nods and you both exit the office.

The hallway seemed fine other than a few shelves knocked over. And if you looked closely you could see some damage to the walls and floors. "Keep an eye on the floor, it may not be as sturdy as it seems."

You go down the hall checking from room to room. Most of the rooms were empty or only had a person or two who were fine. Once you had cleared the floor you headed for the stairwell going down to the next floor.

On your way down you see someone laying motionless near the door to the next floor. You race down and see a man laying face down.

Before you do anything you check for his pulse, that was there and strong which was a good sign. You don't try to turn him over yet unsure of if he had any broken bones. As you ponder what to do next the door swings open and kaminari is standing there.

"Hey Y/n! Are you ok?" He begins to kneel down to check on you but you pull away.

"I'm fine, but I think this guy fell down the stairs. He's alive but I'm not sure how injured he is." Kaminari nods leaning over the man.

"This floor is clear, so you two head on down. I'll handle him." He motions to the man. You nod and go down to the next floor, Angel following closely behind.

Each floor you go down seems to have already been checked over. You finally made it to the bottom floor. As you open the door your jaw drops seeing the giant chandelier that originally hung in the main entrance had fallen and shattered everywhere. A few sidekicks had already started helping people that had the worst injuries. You tried not to let yourself get sick at the sight of the worst wounds. You especially avoided looking at where the chandelier had fallen on the front desk. Whoever was under there was beyond saving now.

You caught a glimpse out the front doors and saw a few plumes of smoke rising into the sky from somewhere else in the city. This building seemed to have gotten the least of it. It seemed as though the sidekicks had everything handled so you stayed out of they're way.