Chapter 26

Nightmares do come true.

It was literally a nightmare. These last five days of my life are the ones which I hope to never witness ever again in my life.

When I heard about the accident the only thing that played in my mind was how we parted ways. I never ever wanted my last words to him to be the ones that left my mouth.

The last five days felt like an eternity because when your life was fighting through such a critical stage, how do you, yourself even manage to breathe?

I was here. Every single day, almost every hour. Jin hyung and Jimin hyung was the only one who could make me leave so that I could eat and then come back here to my Bubble.

Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung made sure to make me stay strong. I don't even know what I would do without them.

And Hoseokie hyung! I was so wrong to misunderstand him. He explained how he had to literally go through a whole Jungkook rant over the call because my baby wouldn't stop talking about me. Talking to him made me smile while tears left my eyes.

The five days I was here, in this room with my precious love lying on the bed unconscious, I realized something.

Whenever you fight, with anyone who means the world to you, never, I repeat, Never, let them part ways with you when they are still angry. 

Sort it out and if required fight it out, argue, quarrel because eventually that will make it end. But if you let them go because of mere anger and annoyance, you don't know whether life will give you a second chance to rectify or ask for forgiveness.

The future is always unpredictable but the present is always in your hand. Regrets are sure a part of it but when you have the power and control to your present, the future is bound to make you free from regrets.

In the last five days, I understood and made myself sure of one thing that whatever happens and even if we fight in the future, which we will because fights are a part of our life, I will make sure, my love, my Bubble will never ever go away or even go to sleep with an upset face. I will make it a point to solve it even if it's a simple yet the most meaningful word, 'Sorry'. 

Now, when I am here, on the hospital bed, lying down with my Taehyung in my arms. I regret the last five days the most but as everyone says, there are times and situations that make a person realize how stupid they were. I understood that as well and I am just a tiny bit sad that my situation was really scary.

Here, when I look down to see his face, looking the most beautiful even when he has small cuts and a huge, white bandage wrapped around his forehead, I know that even though I was so close to lose him, I am sure that in the near future, I won't lose him for my mistakes, I'll do my best because if I lose him, what will I even do with my life?

His soft arms around me, his legs tangled with mine and his slow and even breaths give me an odd confidence. A confidence and a confirmation that yes, even life gives you a second chance but make sure to utilise it well.

I inhaled a deep breath and placed a soft kiss on his head so that it doesn't wake him up.

"Koo~" he murmured from my chest.

"Yes baby? You need something? Were you not sleeping? Did I wake you up? Do I need to call the doctor? You want to drink water, Bubble?" I asked as I looked at him with a worried expression.

His eyes were closed but a small smile played on his lips as he gulped slowly.

"Stop worrying so much, I am fine." He replied with a small chuckle.