028.

You could feel the cool air prickling into the tips of your toes and the tops of your ears.

You hook your leg around the other to sustain some type of warmth.

You have his blue tabard wrapped snuggly around your hips while he stood with a mere training suit barely keeping him warm in the crisp morning air.

"Are you alright? Sorry, the tabard is all I've got at the moment."

"No, it's more than enough." You smile softly.

The two of your gazes return to the dark waters in front of you.

You hear the sound of waves colliding onto one another along with the docks rattling and bobbing up and down.

The sound of one's ship horn startles the two of you as a boat begins to signal its boarding.

You board the ship, quick to get away from the cold as fast as you can.

You sit uncomfortably on a barrel- adjusting yourself constantly due to the empty fishnet just underneath of you.

You turn to Kurapika who his head pressed up against the hood of the navigator room.

He slept quietly.

You let your mind at ease as you fasten your eyes shut, allowing the sound of crashing waves to drown out your consciousness.

-

You feel your body jerk forward and with an abrupt stop, you fall to your knees.

The wooden deck scrape at your knees and you pick yourself up from your fall.

The man just behind the helm of the ship waved off to the two of you, signalling your arrival.

You thanked the local fisherman and followed closely behind Kurapika.

The harbour was lively and filled with merchants desperate for customers.

The smell of fish was foul and you were quick to move further into the city.

The two of you walk on a cobblestone path, snaking through the crowd easily.

Kurapika comes to a stop. With his eyes elsewhere, he pulls you in closer by your shoulder and beckons for your full attention.

"There are many scammers and thieves in these parts. Be careful and stay close to me." He mumbles.

The sun was hot against your face though you were able to bear it. It's been quite some time since you were able to come in contact with the outside world and really cherish it. You were long overdue to touch grass. And it showed.

Yorknew had been quite different from the rest of the islands and you hadn't even reached downtown yet.

You stop in your tracks along with Kurapika who had his hand draped over his eyes to block the fluorescent sun from getting in the way of his vision.

He has a smile on his face. It's a radiant smile. So much so it's blocking out the sun. One you wish you were able to take a photo of and keep it in your pocket. A shot so memorable you wish you could photoshop cat ears or a frog hat on and replace it as your profile picture.