018.

"Aren't you a little worried about someone coming across the body?" You eye Illumi from the rear-view mirror.

"Well do you suggest any other ideas?"

Honestly, you were in no position to question Illumi but leaving a body on the side of the road was most definitely gonna catch people's attention. Not to the mention the fact that your DNA was all over the woven material.

"You could store em in a barrel." You stare blankly.

Illumi returned the same soulless glare.

"That's- oddly specific." Hisoka turned his body to face you for a moment.

"Let it kind of vibe in there for a bit and then drop the barrel out of nowhere. It wouldn't look out of the ordinary since theres lots of construction these days."

"Nonsense. The local feds live in fear of my family. Laws do not apply to me."

"Alright Josh you do your thang." You flash Illumi a sarcastic smile in which he only glanced away.

"That's not my name."

"Ayo-"

"We're here." Hisoka hummed as the car came to an abrupt stop.

"Where did you think of barrel from?" Feitan eyed you carefully.

"Just a-slice of life anime lol."

"A-nime?"

"Yeah it's like a film we watch to entertain ourselves. I'll put you on some. I know this really good one- the plot itself was extremely well written and the character development- phenomenal." You beam.

"What is it called?" Feitan rubbed the back of his neck anxiously. It seemed he was actually quite interested.

"Boku no pico! We could even recreate some of the scenes-" You throw a thumbs up.

"Not you role playing." Hisoka bit down on his lip to conceal a fit of laughter.

Before you could lunge toward the psychotic redhead, Feitan spoke up.

"I will not participate in recreating the scenes but- I guess I will check it out."  Feitan muttered under his breath.

"It's a Yaoi isn't it." Hisoka turned to face you once again.

"No! It's not a- wait how do you know what a yaoi is..." You eyed Hisoka skeptically.

He leaned closer so that you could feel his mere breath up against your skin.

"Sometimes I'm feeling a little frisky and I tend to break the fourth wall." He cooes with a nasty grin.

"Nice one, brutha." You nod slowly.

Once again, you felt your body lunge forward due to the abrupt stop Illumi recklessly made.

"We have arrived at the docks. The next shipment is first thing tomorrow so we should rest at a nearby hotel." Illumi murmured.

"We do not have time." Feitan scowled swinging his blade up into the air briefly before placing it in its holder.

"Then how do you suggest we do that?" Illumi sneered obviously growing impatient with Feitan's attitude.

Feitan had gawked his mouth open to say something but before he could, you had interrupted.

"Why don't we just like borrow a boat?" You quirk a brow.

Illumi nodded slowly.

"I like it. Let's do it." Illumi nodded.

-

You all huddled closely to Illumi's car as you discussed your plan to steal a boat from the nearby docks.

"I will slice the fisherman's throat in a horizontal motion and we shall board the boat." Illumi held his hand out and had stiffened it into a position so that his veins were very visible and his nails had been abnormally long and sharp.

"W-Wait were killing them?" You gulped.

Illumi only nodded.

"Is that completely necessary?"

"We cannot risk having the fisherman notify the authorities. Although my family may not fear them, I'd still be sparing quite a ton of lives for avoiding an interaction with them and my parents."

"All this for a dress..." You scoff collapsing onto the hood of the car.

Illumi dragged you off immediately.

"Not necessarily no... we were also sent here to eliminate someone who stole something from us in yorknew. And we have to do a brief sweep of the area for a heist we're pulling off soon." Hisoka stated a little bored.

"Wait- like the Yorknew massacre?" You widen your eyes.

"Massacre...?"

"Okay riddle me this. Have you invaded the auction for the scarlet eyes yet?"

"No, how did you-" Feitan eyed you.

"But Pakunoda is dead." You furrow your brows.

"Yes...?"

"Bruh what timeline-" You groan.

"I have successfully grabbed the boat."
Illumi yelled.

The three of you spun around to see Illumi steering a small boat to the edge of the dock.

"Damn bitch, you're fast."

The three of you had boarded on one by one before Illumi had steered away from the rest of the boats.

You all had collapsed onto a few seats due to the rough night you had involved yourself into.

And although it had reeked of fish and sea life, you were able to catch at least a blink of sleep.

It was hard to lately so you were going to get all the sleep you could get.

The boat had rocked back and fourth steadily as you began to lose consciousness.

Hisoka had supported your limp body with his weight as the two of you fell fast asleep.

Feitan stood completely alert along with Illumi who had stuck to the wheel for the time being.

But just as you could thank the Gods for such a peaceful evening, your eyes had blinked open with a complete change of scenery. Your yawns had been muffled and you couldn't make out where you had been since you had been blindfolded.

Did these mfs just drug me?