My Nandani is an antique piece

"Good Morning Mr

"Good Morning Mr. Kapoor.." I looked up to find Prerna standing there with a cup of earl grey tea. Just like always.. It's been two years since she joined here as my assistant... But she still can't make the tea like Nandani.. I hardly take a sip from that cup but she still brings it every single day. "Good Morning Ms. Sharma.." She too is a Sharma but she is no Nandani and nobody ever could be like her. My Nandani is an antique piece in this whole world..

"This is your schedule for the day and your Father and Brother want's to have a meeting with you regarding some new branch.. Since you are not free after 12 for whole day. I have fixed the meeting in half an hour.. So they will be here by then.." With that she left my cabin smiling.. Prerna Sharma is a nice girl and a very dedicated assistant.. It was a miracle that she stick here for two years, after all that I have put her through and not just her but the whole staff.. I feel guilty about it some time but then again, Nandani was the only one to bring out the good in me and since she isn't here, for whom I should behave good..

Cabir Joined the office after that incident... Involving himself in work was his way to cope with the tragedy.. It's weird that my whole family had a different impact when Nandani went missing.. They all have their separate bond with her. I know they all miss her still, but they have accepted that she isn't going to come back and they want me to accept the same.. How can they expect me to do that? Nandani is a part of me and can someone cut down their own limbs? No and I certainly cannot do the same..

"Hello Son.." My Father came inside exactly on time followed by Cabir, I gave them both a small smile and settled down.. I have no idea, what this sudden meeting is for.. "Tea or coffee?" I asked both of them and then ordered coffee for three of us.. Nandani loved Coffee and has always hated tea and see the irony I have started drinking coffee now when I always hated it.. "So what this meeting is all about?" I asked my Father and he passed a file to me..

"You know we have bought a new building in Delhi to start a new branch of our company.. So it's all ready, recruitments have been done and the branch is good to run in market.. I want you to be there for few months and provide it a Kick start just like you did with this branch.. And once everything is settled you can come back..." He asked hopefully and I sighed.. Leaving Mumbai for few month's doesn't sound a bad idea but then how will I run my search mission for Nandani..

"Dad can't you send Cabir and he can also take Navya along.. I am sure he can handle everything and the couple will also get to spend some alone time away from family and tensions.." I suggested to both of them but Cabir turned down my offer immediately making me frown.. "Sorry Big B, but Delhi is a big city and if our company got a good start there it will be very beneficial for our business.. And you know I am not as experienced as you are so it will be only better if you go there instead of me.."

I wanted to oppose but Dad put his hand on mine, "Please son, you need some time off from this city.. Do it for us, your family.. Who wants to see you happy again and my heart says going to Delhi will surely bring a positive change in your life.. We all love you Son, we can't see you like this.. Please listen to us just this once please Manik.." He pleaded and I felt guilty.. I was so busy in my misery that I forget what I am putting my family through.. "Fine if this will make you happy, I am ready to go.." And that actually brought a smile on both of their faces..

"Great, then wrap your work here, go home do your packing and yes Ms. Sharma will also go along with you so don't forget to make some living arrangements for her.." I nodded stiffly at that and soon they both left my cabin leaving me alone with my thoughts..

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Well that went fine.." Cabir smiled, yeah I thought it will be difficult to convince Manik but thankfully he agreed.. I want to return his happiness, I want to return him Nandani, only if I could.. Nandani has left a void in all our hearts, but the only one who isn't able to cope up with that is Manik... My heart ache to see him like that, only if I could bring Nandani back for him..

"Don't worry Dad, I am sure Delhi will bring some good change in his life.. Everything will be fine Dad.. We just have to be strong enough for him.." Of course we have to be.. I sent Cabir back to his Cabin and went to knock on my Son's Assistant door.. Prerna Sharma, A girl who is eerily familiar to my daughter in law.. And I know that's the only reason that Manik hasn't fired her yet..

Prerna has taken care of Manik a lot from last tow years, even after his cold behavior she has been there for him and that give me hope of bringing back happiness in my son's life.. Prerna belong to a good family and she is beautiful and is just like Nandani.. And that make her a right choice for Manik.. "May I come in?" The door of her cabin was open so I called in, Manik never let anyone to shift in Nandani's cabin so that made us built a new one in far end of this floor..

"Please Sir come in.." She smiled warmly at me that I returned.. I took a seat in front of her.. "So I am sending Manik to Delhi for few months and as his assistant, I want you to accompany him.. Will that be possible for you?" I asked hopefully and she nodded..

"Great so start packing your bags, I will make sure Manik make house arrangements for you, I will book a flight for they after tomorrow.. your stay could be for 3 to 4 months so pack accordingly and Prerna please take care of my Son there.." I almost pleaded to her and her smile faltered.. "Don't worry Sir, I will do my best.." With that I came out of her cabin..

Prerna knew about Manik's past and that made her extra sensitive and protective for him.. if this doesn't prove her goodness, I don't know what will.. I removed Nandani's pictures from internet and from everywhere cause I don't wanted Manik to be reminded of her every single second he breathes.. But I guess, that didn't help cause Nandani's photo was placed in his heart and it was impossible for me to remove it from there.. Please God, help my Son.. It's been 7 years now and I can't see him anymore like this. It's time for him to accept the truth and move on and I hope sending him to Delhi will prove to be the best decision...

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So a new entry in Manik's life.. What do you think about Manik and Prerna? Please don't forget to vote and comment.. Happy reading ❤❤❤